Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ta-da!!!!!

Folks, our socks were blessed right off of us today! Seriously, they flew right smack off of us! You want to see why?!?!? Take a look at the three pictures below and the video. Man, Rachel, you are going to be sad you can't see this until after you get back from Mexico.




Yes folks, you saw that right. It's a real bonafide nursery. It brought with it the smells and wonders of another baby that has Scrubs going out of his mind!

As I wrote in a recent post, we were a little overwhelmed during the past few weeks when a lot of adoption money was owed at one time. The majority of this was for the China adoption, but it was still a whole lot of money at once. Now don't get me wrong. I am not complaining or saying we were in extreme need, but all of this money being due at once meant it would take us a little while to dig out, and we weren't going to have dug out by the time little XY arrived. We had basically consigned ourselves to the fact that his nursery furniture, unless given to us in a shower, would have to wait awhile. And we were okay with this. We had his bassinet and were okay waiting until the funds came in or until God provided.

I got a little disappointed after my shower the other night because I came home with all these wonderful things, but I had nowhere to put them. But again, I really wasn't worried about this. I truly knew God would provide at some point.

Then, last night, I got an email from a dear new friend. She and her husband have done adoption and understand the costs involved. Her youngest is getting ready to move into a "big girl" room, and she therefore, wanted to bless us with her nursery furniture. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!!? By nursery furniture I mean crib, changing table, bookshelf, dresser, glider, wall hangings, lamp, and more!

We are so very excited that little XY will come home to a real, official nursery. I'm sure, quite honestly, he could care less, but we are thrilled beyond belief. I still have a lot to do to the room, but doesn't it look great?!

I may still paint the room or at least do some stenciling. Tiffany has volunteered to help me paint and Sarah to do stenciling. I wonder if they have any idea how creatively and design-ly challenged I am.

Wow -- a real nursery in my home. Get here soon little guy. Well, not too soon. I've got a lot more I want to do first.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Wen! It's awesome!! God is so good! mom

TAV said...

gorgeous! how wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, Wendi! This is soo Awesome! I got goose bumps when I looked at these beautiful pictures and read how God had provided... Having the nursery ready is Such an amazing feeling.. =0) I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Oom Ed and I were expecting Cara and planning to go live in Indonesia, finishing schooling etc and a gal from work out of the blue said i'm not having more children and gave us Cara's baby furniture (crib and dresser) and clothes to fill the drawers. He has been providing ever since and you will have a wonderful journal of all the way He lead you --each step! blogs were not even a thought at that time -in fact when we left for Indonesia can you believe there was not email! for years...Oh Wendi all that to say I'm so happy for YOU and being happy for you brought back all God's faithful goodness to us as well...double thanks to Him tonite for all His goodness as our loving heavenly Father!
xo Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wendi, you are so blessed! Little XY is going to be one lucky little guy with all those things!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Wendi,
I'm beyond excited for you. It's so cool to see those pictures.
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Tante Janet could start her own blog.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful furniture.

AW said...

Wow. Awesome! God always provides Wen. He has provided you this sweet boy and he will provide you everything he needs and more.

I love your faith. It is such a testimony to me, which I need right now. Thank you!

And if it makes you feel any better, Jonathan's nursery still isn't "done". He's almost 7 mos old and doesn't really seem to care. Which means I'm not too stressed over it either. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can just picture the little one snuggled up in that cozy crib. I can see you rocking him in that chair. What a comfortable looking room.
Linda

Unknown said...

Awe, Wendy, God is so kind, isn't he? He give us exactly what we need and goes above and beyond our needs but gives our wants too! Isn't it just like God to work our all the little details, down to the rocker? I am amazed at His love for us. I can't wait to get to know your family better. I am so glad you are apart of Crossway!

yuan family said...

Wow...it is beautiful! You have done an awesome job...I am so excited for you!

Rachel and Hans said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so fun and very cute! it is coming up fast now... :-)