Thursday, March 20, 2008

More bumps?!

If you could, would you pray for JB's birth certificate in North Carolina. To make a long story, (hopefully) shorter, the first document never did come back regular mail, even though the Dept. of State said that it did. Worried that it still hadn't come back, I sent a second copy of the certificate in on Monday. They still haven't received it. And I still haven't received my rejected one. This makes me concerned that the new one, once it gets there, won't come back either or that the old one won't get there. I called them today, was transferred no less than a dozen times, and finally found someone who could help me. She said they are closed for a long weekend (ugh!) but that it should get there soon, and that I can use a UPS number to get it sent back quicker. I found someone to let me borrow their UPS number so that is taken care of.

But what compounds this is an email I got today from our family coordinator. To make another long story, (hopefully) short, is something called the "Hague Convention." Apparently the Hague Convention for Intercountry Adoption will be ratified on April 1st , 2008. As of this date, USCIS (Immigration offices) will be implementing new forms in place for adoption cases in Hague Convention countries. Of which China is one. She said that we have to have our dossier in by May 1st or they will have trouble proving that we actually applied with USCIS before that date and we would instead need to reapply on new forms. I cannot imagine having to apply again with USCIS. Not only would it cost thousands more dollars, but this was what we had to go get fingerprinted for and so much more. It would be a horrendous problem.

Anyways, you can probably tell from my post that I am just royally stressed out by all of this. I am also kicking myself for not having taken care of this birth certificate earlier and not having sent it secured mail instead of regular mail.

So, your prayers, are appreciated. Big time prayers appreciated especially!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are praying for those birth certificates...and all to be in before May 1st....and no more forms
Hear our cry oh Lord...
We are waiting expectantly with you, with our hope placed in His Sovereign care of His dear children, we love too --you and john!
when the stress feels too much -let your heart take a trip to to think about little xy, soon on his way!! to calm your heart,re: God's plans for you and little xy's "adik" (younger sibling) --don't be too hard on yourself about that certificate...you can't do it all! everything is so complicated in this- we would all let something fall thru the cracks in your situation. -He will undertake for you. xo
our love Tante Jan and Oom Ed

Anonymous said...

I remember learning somewhere to ask the Lord to have an Angel go with an "important" letter, document etc.. to make sure it goes where it's supposed to go and is not lost, intercepted or slowed down by incompetance. Lord, I'm asking you to assign an angel to John's birth certificate, that it follows the path of least resistance and flows speedily through the "system" without any glitches. Amen

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thank you guys! I love the idea of an angel watching over my package! I'm praying for it myself ...

AW said...

Lord, this road is so bumpy and frought with so many obstacles, please send an angel with Wendi and John's paperwork. Please protect it from being lost or misdirected and allow it to pass through the necessary hands quickly and seamlessly. We know that their baby is based on whatever their LID is, but I pray Lord that you please allow all of the paperwork to be completed and in before May 1st. We thank you for the fact that they have the financial and emotional ability to go through this long process, as many couples don't. We thank you for May baby and the joy that it will bring their home in a few short weeks. We thank you for your love, devotion, and continued patience. We know this entire situation is in your hands Father and we pray you give Wendi and John the grace and strength to get through this final paperwork process.

Amen


I'll keep praying today. I know this is hard. But you aren't alone...we're supporting you however we can! And God's hand is right on this whole thing!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

What a blessing. These prayers are just what I am feeling . . . you spoke my heart when I just didn't feel the ability to speak it. xoxox