Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yum!

JB made a fantastic dinner last night -- one of his best. Grilled gruper, grilled shrimp, grilled pineapple, and steamed stone crab. Oh and a salad too! Awesome! It was one of those dinners that you had to eat slow due to all the crab cracking so you definitely didn't eat too much. We ended the night by finishing a movie we had started the night before: V for Vendeta. I don't recommend it. It was interesting and well done, but quite strange and disturbing.

Today, JB is on call. I went to church on my own for the first time. I think we have decided to attend Crossway which meets at a middle school right outside of base. Going to church on my own isn't something I am good at, especially when I am not completely "at home" in the church environment. Crossway most matches the church environment we are used to, we love the care group that meets on Wednesdays, and adoption is a huge focus of the church. Today we prayed for a couple and their three teenage daughters who are going to pick up their three and a half year old daughter from China on Wednesday. After service I stayed and spoke with her and another woman who has a five year old daughter from China. The pastor and his wife also have two adopted African American children.

Scrubs and I just got back from a 1.7 mile walk up the hospital that John works at and then back again. He had already had lunch, but we went and hung out with him for a few minutes. I'll probably go back with some dinner later this evening. I plan to try and get some work done today so that when JB is off tomorrow, we can spend some time together.

Some people have asked me how JB's residency is going. I have to say that overall, it has gone really well. The first two months were extremely difficult, but since then, it has been all uphill. His weeks are busy, but I feel that we are getting to spend adequate time together. Some days and weeks are easier than others, but overall, this residency thing is quite manageable, especially considering that each year is supposed to be slightly easier than the year proceeding it.

Off to get some more work done . . .

3 comments:

yuan family said...

Awesome job for going to church by yourself...I have not done that yet but after reading your post I should try sometime!

Joia said...

Hey, don't you mean all Downhill since the first two months of residency? =)

That dinner sounded AMAZING!! Yum!

Ray said...

Sorry to disagree but I thought "V for Vendetta" was an excellent film. It was a modern day 1984 with a twist.