Monday, December 17, 2007

I forgot to give you the verdict!

I realized I titled yesterday's post something about a "verdict" and then I never gave the verdict or even explained what the verdict I was waiting for, was. Geesh! What a blonde!

The verdict was, that I was waiting to hear if JB slept or not. He did get to sleep! About 4.5 hours so all he needed on Sunday was a nap. That gave us tons of time to get a bunch of stuff done. We spent the rest of the day:
  • having brunch with Erik and Andrea (she made a great meal!) so that we could disuss our cruise. They took the same basic cruise so we wanted to get some of their opinions and suggestions.
  • moving my office out of the soon-to-be nursery and into the eat-in part of our kitchen. As soon as I retrieve my camera from the party I left it at, I'll take pictures. It looks good, and its weird to see an empty room reserved for a child. This was another big step for me!
  • obtaining a basinet. Tiffany called to tell me that someone had set one outside their house that looked to be in perfect condition. We walked over and sure enough, the thing looked awesome and was white -- very neutral! We snagged it. Our first piece of baby furniture.
  • watching the Survivor finale. I can't believe Todd won. I did not see that coming at all. I'm excited about the next season: Fans vs. Favorites. It's still a dream of mine to be on Survivor, but I just don't think I could handle all the back-stabbing. It would just hurt my feelings too much.
  • some quick grocery shopping to get some "egg mcmuffin" ingredients for the wive's brunch I am hosting on Tuesday.
  • baking cookies. JB was asked to bring cookies in for the single airmen who can't go home for the holidays. They put boxes together for them. However, then, he left the cookies on the counter. I'm going to try to figure out a way to get them to him today even though I am without a car. I also baked an extra dozen for dog class tomorrow night. We are supposed to bring "human" food to work on teaching our dogs to stay when the stakes are high. Poor puppies!

I'm currently just trying to keep warm. It's a chilly feels like twenty-five. JB and I have decided we have already lost every bit of Minnesota blood we have developed. Gone!

1 comment:

Rachel and Hans said...

Sounds like you had a great and productive weekend!! We are getting the 30's this week...a heat wave! :-)

Miss you guys!!