Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Half way!

Today, Bri is half-way. Congrats Brianna! Half way there! We are hoping to get to see Bri on Sunday when we are down in Fort Lauderdale. Your extra prayers for their family are appreciated especially as Bri's grandfather (her dad's dad) is very ill. I have been to Vermont with their family and met Roy's dad on numerous occasions. What an awesome man. I vividly remember playing bottle pool with him in his basement in Vermont. He didn't speak much but boy could he kick my butt in pool. And I think that was playing left-handed.

I try on the blog not to talk about my dog too much. I don't want to appear to be one of those crazy-infatuated-with-my-dog people. But you know what, I've decided that I am a dog person now. I love my pup. I also decided that this is my blog. So, I'm going to talk about my dog when I want to. And, I want.

Scrubs successfully graduated from his obedience class last night. JB couldn't come because this rotation doesn't get off until 6:30. When we got to class, Scrubs was a wild man, and we had to successfully navigate a "rally course." This is where you come to signs and have to do what is on the sign. This includes walking, heeling, sitting while I walk around him, "downing" while I walk around him, weaving, making turns, etc. Scrubs flew through the course without a single error! Since he is the youngest dog there, this was a huge accomplishment. However, he is also the only dog there that also took her puppy class, so he had a lot to prove.

Scrubs then passed the "stay" test. This is where he has to sit on one end of a field of toys while I walk through the toys to the other side of the field. I have to get all the way to the other side and call him before he comes. Scrubs nearly bolted halfway through but successfully waited, ran to me when called, and then sat and waited for his treat. Success! He then passed his third test. This is where he sits and stays while I eat people food! Poor dog. This must be torture. Test #4 is a down-stay for one minute. Scrubs did it. He did not, however, do the sit-stay for one minute mainly because I dropped a treat and he dove to the ground looking for it. Oh well. All in all, he did great and went crazy when he was allowed to pick a toy upon completion.

I returned home to watch the Biggest Loser finale with JB -- well, half of it. We got too tired mid-way through and gave up. John made burgers and potatoes on the grill. Great dinner!

This morning, Scrubs started pawing at me at exactly 5:32. I looked at the alarm clock and noticed it wasn't set! Oh no! Did JB oversleep?! I went to pat him (John -- not Scrubs), and he was gone (John not Scrubs)! I went looking all through the house for him calling out, "If this is a joke, it is not funny at all!" But no, JB was gone. He had woken up early and decided to head to work early since he had a presentation to do before he started his rounds. And Hans, they now have patients on his service so it's not quite as posh as yesterday made it seem. I paged JB and was a little frustrated that he didn't leave me a note. He started laughing. "Where else would I have gone?" He asked. But I didn't laugh back. Not funny at all.

Tonight, we are getting together with some of the fellow interns at Siam Sushi as it is half-price military night. I can't believe we are leaving in just 2.5 more sleeps. I don't think I can officially count Friday night as a "sleep" since we are going to be leaving at 2am! I am very excited to see our families. I am really trying not to get stressed about everything I have to do before we leave and just take it moment by moment. It's just that JB is working so much so it really falls on me to do everything we need to do and work full-time. One moment at a time!

1 comment:

AW said...

I am totally addicted to that show Biggest Loser. Love it! I sit and watch it faithfully every week while I munch on potato chips and beer. Just kidding! I do love that show though!