Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wilsons have arrived!

Our friends the Wilsons are here! They got in about 3pm yesterday and somehow, and I still have no idea how, JB got off at 5:30! Unheard of on an internal medicine rotation. Despite looking quite tired, JB cooked us steaks and potatoes and pineapple on the grill and we just hung out and talked and picked up Baskin Robbins Ice Cream and repeatedly told a dog overwhelmed with five new knees to slobber on "Off! Off!" (Well, wait, if there are five new people then I suppose that's ten new knees. Either way -- it's a lot of knees.)

Unfortunately, JB is on call today which means I dropped him off at 7am and I won't see his tired face until 7am tomorrow. Quite a bummer when you have company that is leaving on Sunday. I am hopeful he will get some sleep tonight so that he can spend some time with them before they head out on Sunday.

The Wilson trio of children are taller and into new things but they are still the same little kids I have known for so long. That is a relief to me. A relief that some things change as I age a decade, but some things don't change that much and the basics are still the basics. I don't know if that paragraph made sense to any of you, but it made sense in my heart so I am going to leave it there.

They have just come off an exhausting "Christmas in Disney World" and were very excited when informed that there was nothing they had to wake up at the crack of dawn for. Grace and Jessie are sleeping on the queen air mattress in the future-nursery, Mike and Deanna are in the guest room, and Sam is on the couch.

I am in my new "Office in the Kitchen." I've given my dear Scrubs a rawhide in the kitchen because frankly, I didn't know what else to do with him. I had grand plans however. I am pet sitting for my neighbor Heather's two labs: Sully and Caesar. We went over there this morning -- "we" being Scrubs and me -- to feed and water the pups. I planned to take Scrubs out in their beautiful fenced in backyard to play, only to have the rain, which has been coming down since 5pm last night, dampen my plans. We played in the house a bit, but quite frankly, Scrubs is such an annoying puppy to those dogs! He just wants to play so much. They, on the other hand, are middle-aged and want nothing to do with the antics of a puppy.

Deanna has emerged from her slumber so I'll take a break now. I'll make sure to post some pics of our rainy day later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! When I read the part about the five new knees to lick, I thought "Oh, okay, so there must be three people... and one of them only has one leg? Why would Wendi make a point of mentioning that? That seems kind of insensitive..." LOL!

Anonymous said...

well all i can say is great minds think alike -cuz i didn't blink an eye -i knew 5 new knees meant 5 new people! :)
Tante Jan