Sunday, December 23, 2007

The eve of Christmas Eve

I would love to post some pictures from our adventures yesterday, but, alas, my parents don't have a drive for my camera so pictures will have to wait until we return to Eglin on Christmas Day. Our visit so far has been wonderful, and as is usually the case, a bit exhausting. It is always difficult to manage a long drive, staying rested, and seeing both families without getting tired. Add to that a shorter-than-usual visit and a puppy along for the ride, and our fatigue is even a bit greater.

Yesterday morning, we hung out around my parents' home. JB and I took turns taking naps, my mom and I went for a walk with the dog, and we ran to the store as well. Around 2:00pm or so, JB and I ran up to our old stomping grounds at Fort Lauderdale Christian School to see the boys' varsity play in a holiday tournament. I was able to see my dad, my brother, Mrs. Cox, and a few other familiar faces including JB's sister Elizabeth and his other sister Katie and her new husband Eddie. I also had the opportunity to see all the new banners in the gym that my brother had been working on as he is the Athletic Director at the school now. My uniform retiring banner had been redone and looked great. 1995. Gosh I am getting old.

We left at half-time to head over to Ray and Gabbi's. We had a little birthday party for Nathan (pictures to come) and just hung out with the family. Later, after non-family departed, we went and picked up Scrubs from my parents so the kids could meet and play with him. We also had a family dinner. Nate and Grace loved Scrubs, and he did really well with them. The cutest was when we would tell Scrubs to roll over and Nathan would follow suit. Such fun.

We left there about 8:30pm to get back here and get some rest. We are really trying not to leave here exhausted, as we often do. It's been raining this morning, JB is at breakfast with his dad and brothers, my parents have left for church, and we'll be heading down to see Bri and Roy and Joan in an hour or so.

I'll keep you posted on our trip, and, of course, be sure to snag some pictures with Bri this afternoon!

2 comments:

TAV said...

pictures, pictures, pictures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Wendi, I Promise I didn't copy your blog title (check the time I posted mine), I just now got on yours and realized I used the same title! =0/