Friday, December 28, 2007

So busy

My "need to call back" phone list is quite lengthy. If you have left a message for me, hang on. I will return your call. Since we have gotten back, we have been going non-stop. Amongst the details:
  • JB returned to his 12 to 14 hour days.
  • I returned to full-time work.
  • I have been dog sitting for my friend Heather's two labs.
  • Trying to unpack -- still not done with that.
  • Trying to finalize the details for our cruise. Did you know we are going on a cruise? We leave next Sunday. Yes, that is next Sunday. I'll post more details on this later, but we are excited for this week long bit of relaxation!
  • Preparing instructions/lists for Scrubs' wonderful dog-sitter: Jodi who is going to stay at our house while we are gone.
  • Booking a rental car for my trip to Fort Lauderdale the day after we return from our cruise. JB starts nights so I am going to hang out with my parents for two weeks and also go to Bri's ultrasound with her.
  • We also decided to have me fly down to Fort Lauderdale in April for a long weekend. This is for a shower with the family and friends of Roy, Joan, and Bri and then a open house with all of my "people" in Fort Lauderdale. We bought our tickets yesterday.
  • Dealing with Scrubs. We think he has entered the terrible two's. He's seven months old so we figure in dog years, that puts him at about two or three. Either that or he is recovering from being out of his element for four days. He's just been more tiring than normal.
  • Preparing for company. Our friends the Wilsons are coming into town today! We are so blessed they are making a visit! It has been well over a year since we last saw them. We were friends with Mike and Deanna in Kentucky. Mike was the pastor of our church there and officiated our wedding. There three kids were very young back then. Little Jessie wasn't even born when we first met them, and now, she just turned eleven! We were also honored to be asked to be the godparents or legal guardians of the kids and have enjoyed watching them grow up even though the distance has prevented us from seeing them as often as we like.
  • Cleaning the house. It was quite a mess.

So, needless to say, life has been busy. It will, hopefully, soon settle down!

No comments: