Thursday, October 05, 2006

My new winter coat

Well congrats to Gabbi who won yesterday's trivia. Gabbi now has four wins. Someone must put a stop to this.

As to me, I slept until 8:20 this morning! I am so happy as I have been sleeping very badly. I am working completely from home for RLSF today because I did so many hours for Mayo last week so I had the luxury of waking up whenever I woke up.

My posts have been way too deep. It's time to revert back to the tiny things in life. Like, for instance, this coat, pictured below!




I finally bought a winter coat. Actually my darling husband JB bought it for me.

Since we have moved to the Polar North, I have looked for a coat. I mean I had a couple of coats that have worked okay, but I didn't have the good winter coat that I have always wanted. On really cold days, I've been forced to wear a coat underneath another coat.

The question: Why haven't I bought a coat yet ... three winters into our life in Minnesota?

Unfortunately, I didn't want just any coat. I wanted a coat with long enough sleeves (I'm fairly tall if you didn't know) and a hood. I also wanted it to be long enough to go midway down my leg. My Dutch cheapness (no offense to my fellow Dutchmen out there) wouldn't allow me to spend a bunch of money on a coat I didn't really, really like.

Saturday, when we brought Matt to the airport in Minneapolis, we stopped at the Mall of America, and I found my coat!!!

I find my coat with three blistering cold winters behind me. Man.

Now, I probably only have one little Minnesota winter left. Normally, I would reason that one fourth isn't quite worth the three fourths I have left behind. However, if one little Minnesota winter lasts for six months, and I wear this coat every day for say, one hour, than that is 180 hours. While these facts were still causing me to waiver, JB decided that these calculations meant the coat was worth it and while I had my back turned, he took it to the counter and bought it for me.

Winter seems a little warmer now.

Not only because I have a new coat, but because I am married to the greatest man in the world. That greatest man did an ambulance "ride along" last night. One of their calls was to the local prison where an older man had had a stroke. He is on his Emergency Medicine rotation and this was part of his training.

Tomorrow, by the way, is our appointment with our doctor to start a new season of IVF. I will update you when we get back!

P.S. My friend Stephanie is resting at home with 2 sticky babies inside her! Keep her in your prayer. Also, our friends Tim and Jenny are pregnant after their first try with IVF. Awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wen,
if you move to florida next year you can sell me your coat -(i'm pretty tall too !:) and then I can let you use it ANY time you visit in the Chicago area -- :)
xo Tante Jan

Amy T. S. said...

Wow - pretty! Love the coat. Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I could use it in my office this week!! It's cold up here-I have to go outside to warm up! Good job Johnboy!