Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am married to the best man in the world

Don't post a comment telling me your husband is bettter. He may be better for you. But I truly believe I am married to the best man in the world.

Nearly eight and a half years since we got married, thirteen years after we started dating, and twenty years after we first met, I love him more than ever.

An example of why he is so great? Hmmmm ... just one?

The Medical School at Mayo Clinic has a yearly ball. We went the first year and had a great time. The next year, I bought a new dress for the ball. Then, my best bud Kristi up and had a baby and asked me to be the godmother and come out for the baptism. Like I even considered not going! No-brainer. I flew to New Mexico, and gladly missed the ball. I wouldn't have traded that opportunity for all of the world.

The next year, I looked forward to the ball and the opportunity to wear my new dress only to have an infertility treatment leave me out of commission.

So now, it is the fourth and final year for the ball. At last, I can wear my dress. We get the invite and find out that the ball is November 12th. The weekend after our transfer. If I feel anywhere close to how I felt last time, the last thing that I will feel like doing is going to the ball. I couldn't walk last time nevertheless dance. So that was that. Nothing to wear my dress to. He wasn't dissapointed. He's not big on dances, and I guess I am not either, but now I have the dress!

And then my husband stepped in. He invited me on a date for this Saturday night. A kick-off, if you will, to our 2nd attempt at an IVF harvest. He said that he didn't want my dress to go to waste. We had a very close friend bless us with a monetary gift with the instructions to "do something fun", and JB picked just that. We are going to a dinner in Minneapolis and then to a play at Guthrie theatre. John picked the night, the tickets, and the restaurant where we now have reservations. And I am supposed to wear my dress!!! How fun is that?

Seriously though, I am so blessed to have found JB. I am also blessed that he didn't give up on me. You may not know our story, but when I left for college, John was determined to marry me. I, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. Despite being less than lovely to him, he did not give up. He moved to Kentucky to be near me. He put up with my time of uncertainty and never gave up. How blessed I am that he pushed through and chose me to be his wife!

I thoroughly love being married to my best friend. It has now been over three years that we have been dealing with infertility, and I can honestly say that I am closer to him now than I have ever been. He is so good to me. He takes such good care of me and is such a fabulous individual.

Now that I have thoroughly embarrassed him, I will sign off. I love you JB. Saturday should be a lot of fun.

Oh, a few more side notes:

* * * * * * * * * *

If you want to see a very cool blog, visit: Praying for Isaac Samuel and Remembering Rachel Grace. This is a woman on my infertility board. After nine years of infertility, she found herself pregnant with twins. Her son Isaac just came home from the hospital a few weeks ago. He was born at 23 weeks in Japan! He was 1 pound and 4 oz! While his twin sister, Rachel, went home to the Lord an hour after birth, Isaac is doing well. If you want to read a fantastic story, this is it. So amazing! I am simply enthralled as I read back (I've just picked up on the story recently.) What a blessing.

* * * * * * * * * *

In other news, I spoke with my friend Michelle via phone today. I wanted to write a verbal congratulations to her and Hershal as they are expecting their first right around my 30th birthday in May. The picture above is from Michelle's wedding a few years back. Congrats Hershal and Michelle!

* * * * * * * * * *
Also, keep your eye on "Amy's Adoption Blog" folks. I have a "suspicious" feeling things could get very interesting there very quickly. Okay, it's more than a "suspicious" feeling, but Amy and I have been connected on Hannah's Prayer for quite some time, and I have followed her story extensively. Our journey is very different, but when you are infertile, everything seems so similar because we all understand each other's hearts. Amy you are on my heart this morning. You are big-time on my heart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay -i take back my question: can a doctor be romantic! John is the man! I think he's about as close to the best guy in the world when I see him and Ed together! :)
I cried just reading Praying for Isaac -wonder if I could get thru the blog!
love you dearheart
Tante Jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I know Jan! It's deep stuff but quite amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

I know you think I'm gonna say something funny about John, but I'm not.

He seriously is the best man in the whole FREAKIN world. I love him...in that "man-love" kind of way!

Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right. Sorry JB, I take it back. Now I feel all weird and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Josh, thanks for the belly laugh. You crack me up.

Aunt Linda :)