Tuesday, October 03, 2006

20,001?

Well, no one claimed Polar North visitor 20,000. Amy was close. Tara was closer. 20,001. I guess we will claim Tara wins this round. Not really sure who else to give it to. Anyone want to claim it? Of course, anyone could claim it now.

As for me, the grant went out last night, finally, at 7 p.m. It would have been earlier, but I made a mistake in page numbering at 6 that cost us about a half hour. My boss could have cared less. We were doing great on time, and he was just relieved his job was done! I started work at 7:30 a.m., didn't take lunch, and finished at 7 p.m. You'd think I would come home and go right to bed, but my mind was racing so much, wondering if every piece had been put together just perfectly ... instead I laid in bed for quite some time.

I would have liked to take this morning off but unfortunately, we have a few things that have to get done this morning as well. So I'll be at Mayo this morning and go in to RLSF for some meetings this afternoon.

Lots of IVF news going on. My friend Stephanie had 3 of her 4 retrieved eggs fertilize and goes in tomorrow for her transfer. Our friends at Eglin, Tim and Jenny, get their results today from their first attempt with IVF, and a friend in Kentucky, Amber, found out yesterday that their attempt resulted in twins! Lots of stuff going on.

In other news, please keep my grandmother in your prayers. It appears she has pneumonia, and she has been admitted to the hospital. I haven't been able to speak to my Aunt Linda yet, but did get an email from her yesterday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wen: Linda spoke to dad last night and said that gramma really couldn't talk...weak and like larengitus. She has our cell #'s and dad asked her to call one of us a couple times today so if I hear anything I'll let you know.
Have I told you lately that I love you? Have a great day! mom

Amy T. S. said...

Eek - poor Gramma. Praying she feels better.

I have a secret tip for falling asleep. List the states in alphabetical order, trying not to miss any. Don't cheat and get an atlas, just count to see if you can come up with 50.

The best I've done is 47, but it puts me to sleep EVERY time. To mix it up, sometimes I'll go first, last, second, next to last.... Alabama, Wyoming, Alaska...

Anonymous said...

I was 19999...didnt want to click on it again in case it looked like I was trying to pull a fast one! :)I check up on you every day! You are best blogger I know!!Keep up the good work! Love Ya N.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay Nancy and Tara -- you get a tie!!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh and Amy, I already know an alphabetical song for the states so I am not sure that would help. It might cause me to cheat. But something else "hard" might help.

I also use relaxation CD's from the Mayo Clinic ... if you want one, I'll send you one. They are great!