Sunday, October 29, 2006

I told you I was married to the greatest man in the world!

We are back from our night on the town, and my husband lived up to his "greatest husband ever" label big time!

I am not overly crazy about the pictures, but since I promised them to my blog readers, I will include them. We stopped at Tara's house, and she took them. I don't think Tara did a bad job mind you, I just don't think they are good pictures of me. However, they are good pictures of JB! He looked very handsome. He even went out that afternoon to buy a tie that matched. Whatta guy! However, that was only one of many surprises for the evening!



Okay, so now that you have seen our pictures ... let me tell you about the night.

We left Rochester about 4:00 and headed down to the cities. Our reservation was at a restaurant called "Cue" at the Guthrie theatre, and JB had gotten the only reservation spot available -- 6:15. However, they told us we should try to get their early as that reservation time was a little close to the 7:30 start of they play. We got there about 5:45, and sure enough there was a table ready.

Here is a picture of the kitchen which is open to the diners. We had a great table!

Dinner was wonderful. Here's what we got:

For appetizers:

Roasted late season vegetables with Black River gorgonzola cheese and Wisconsin blue cheese vinaigrette

Chef’s sélection of artisan cheeses (All cheeses served with Ames Farm single source honey, French walnut chutney and house-baked whole grain crackers)

For our meal:

I got the Hill & Vale Farm Minnesota lamb roast with blackberries, toasted walnuts and Native American hand-harvested wild rice (however, we ended up sharing).

JB ordered the Rye grass-fed beef ribeye steak with herb-scented baby potatoes,balsamic vinegar-roasted sweet onion and cognac glace de viande 


JB also got some glass of wine that he said was quite amazing. I am not sure what it was (I can't remember), but the "wine captain" recommended it so there you go.

After dinner, we went to see Lost in Yonkers at the Guthrie theatre (which was in the same building.) It was a fantastic performance and fantastic play. I purposely did not read anything about it ahead of time. It was very funny, very emotional, and very well done. It was a fantastic time.

The only issue for me was very poor leg room. If I ever went back, I'd have to get an aisle seat. My legs were hurting so badly we had to stop afterwards to get some ibuprofin. When your legs are as long as mine, they hang off the seat funny and I had no room to cross them or do anything else with them. JB was fine, but that was a little difficult. No big deal. You learn what you need to do the next time you go.

JB had told me earlier in the evening that he had already picked out a special place for dessert, but he wouldn't tell me where it was. I begged and begged but to no avail. Well, he wouldn't tell me because it was at a hotel! It was delivered to our room! That's right folks, he had booked a hotel in Minneapolis. There were chocolate covered strawberries and champaigne waiting in our room, and then I was able to order any other dessert off the menu that I wanted. How awesome is that! It was the perfect end to a perfect evening. (I won't even bother to tell you what I ordered. All you need to know it had a combination of the word chocolate and "overload" or something else of similar meaning.)

JB had remembered much of what we needed and slipped it in the trunk of the car while I was at work. This included all of my medications (which had to be refrigerated) and a change of clothes for us the next day. However, there were a few things that he forgot. He forgot my contact case or my glasses. And he forgot different shoes. So after breakfast in the morning, we left the hotel in our jeans and dress shoes. We got such a kick out of this, I made him take a picture. He thought this was a stupid thing to take a picture of.



Anyways, we are home now. I have a Support Group meeting at 2:00 and sat down at my computer to blog only to see that the clock said 12:15. 12:15? I thought it was 1:15. We are having some friends over for dinner this evening, and John ran to the store, scurrying, in order to have the car back for me at 1:30. Instead, I called him, and told him that it was not near 1:30 yet. Daylight savings time had occurred while we were on our date. We had no idea! We thought we were doing good to sleep in until 9:30. It was only 8:30! Shucks!

So there's the details of our date night in the cities. I have pictures to post from my fun night out with Rachel and Tara (and Hans!) on Friday night, but I'll have to do that later. I love my husband so much! He told me this was the "kick-off" to new weeks of procedures and IVF. What a great way to kick it off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing!
you look adorable Wen!!!!
love Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

I love your dress Wendi! It sounds like you had a great time. Way to go John! Will you give Brandon some tips for me?!?
-Kristen