Monday, October 30, 2006

Friday night

Well I am behind on events here. Today I am going to post about Friday night, but I also have pictures from our dinner with friends last night. So that will have to come later. Hope you are following here. Also, if you haven't voted in the latest poll, make sure you do. Oh, and hopefully, the "Song of the week" will emerge sometime today as well.

All right, so I finally have a chance to post about my "night out on the town". Rachel and Tara invited me to BW3's on Friday. We had a great time, and it was good to "stay busy" while JB was his last night in the ER. JOHN IS NOW OFFICIALLY DONE WITH HIS EMERGENCY MEDICINE ROTATION. He starts Reproductive Endocrinology today. This is a little strange to me and a little strange to him being as I am a very regular patient there. I will keep you posted on how this goes.


Tara and Rachel
Hans and Wendi

Hans's friend Jake who has the loudest voice in the history of BW3's. (See Jake -- I told you I would put this on the blog. Hans, you got to give Jake this blog address so he can read that I stayed true to my promise.)

The three girls. Notice the turtleneck folks. VERY bad sign.

After dinner (and dessert!), I dropped Rachel off and Tara and I watched I am Sam. Tara has seen it many times, but I have never seen it. VERY good movie. I really enjoyed. JB wouldn't like it much. He doesn't like Sean Penn or Dakota Fanning. He also isn't into movies designed to make you cry. :) But I really liked it.

On a completely separate topic, I am obviously into blogging. I am also into other people's blogs. Some current blog announcements:

  • If you haven't checked out "Amy's adoption blog" recently folks, you better stop in. Amy is now a mom! Amy and her husband were chosen by a birth mom and now have a son!!! Amy I am so unbelievably happy for you. Amy and I connected very early in this infertility journey when we were both doing a slew of IUI's.
  • I don't know if many of you know about Trisomy 18. It is a rare genetic disorder. Somehow, through Hannah's Prayer, I have stumbled onto quite a few stories of Trisomy 18. The first time I heard about this was when I heard about Jordan's Story. Then yesterday I heard about Eliot. The other is the story of Claire. Eliot went home to be with the Lord two days ago. Claire is now in her 30th or so day of life. You can find more information on Trisomy 18 on Claire's blog, however, to quickly summarize, most of these babies do not live to be born and very few of them make it to a year old. They usually pass away very shortly after birth. As a result, families whose children survive, often celebrate each day as a birthday -- almost as if it is a year. It is quite amazing, and the stories are very moving. These blogs may seem like they would be depressing, but if anything, they are moving and inspiring as you read about life perspective's for very strong people. These three families really inspire me, and if you have a chance, take a moment to browse these sites. I promise you won't look at today the same.

No comments: