Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's raining

Well it's 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning and Wendi is up again. I have been up since 4 actually. Not sure the JB-meister is very happy with me as my tossing and turning now has him up.

We are planning on going to Heritage farm today. This was the farm JB took Ray, Gabbi, and Grace too last fall (while I was stuck at work). Want to reflect on their last visit to the Farm? You can! Click here for deep reflection.

Tara and the Ray boys are going with us. Veronica (aka "Victoria") is going to the Homecoming Dance tonight. With a boy. Without my approval. Just kidding. Ronnie is chaperoning the dance so this is permitted. Anyways, getting the boys out of Ebby and Victoria's hair while they prepare for the dance is part of our plan.

We are also going to visit Decorah again for a bit. I am sure you remember Decorah as well from our little side trip a few months back, but if not, you can click here to reflect. However, it is currently raining and appears it may rain all day. Yuck! We are currently trying to decide if we need to cancel our plans -- it is not supposed to be a nice day. Bummer.

Yesterday after work at Mayo, JB helped me get my computer from RLSF set up in our office. It looks great, and I can now do all my work right from home. This is extremely exciting. I am one step closer to completely being a stay-at-home writer. This has my dream for as long as I could remember, but not something I ever actually thought would happen. Being a "writer" is something people say they are, but all the while, they only have baking soda and a can of sprite in their fridge. My jobs are actually paying the bills at the same time. I can't tell you glad I am to know that if we do move to Florida, I will not have to find a job. I already have a job! I will probably look to pick up more local freelance writing there, but it wouldn't be needed. I'm pumped about this!

Last night a bunch of us went over to hang out with Hans at Rachel at her parents house and play some more Mexican Train Dominoes. Too fun! Rachel took a photo or two, but you'll have to wait until she sends them to me before I can put them on the blog. Unfortunately, I got hit with some sort of weird indigestion -- thankfully, the morning rain brought some relief to my upset stomach. Rachel always comes up with great food ideas. Last night it was "appetizer" night. Fruit, cheese and crackers, Tiquita (is that how you spell it Lesley) rolls, fresh baked bread from Tia, coconut shrimp and more graced the buffet. It was fantastic. The goodness may have led to me eating more than my stomach could handle. Oh well.

In other news, this two weeks has been the LONGEST OF MY LIFE!!!! For crying out loud. How slow can two weeks go anyway.

Also wanted to put a shout out to my goddaughter Logan who turned two this past week. Time goes by fast!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting with you!
love you so...
praying...anxious...anticipating...
watching...waiting on (or,hoping in) the Lord and His compassions, goodness and tender mercies...keeping my mind busy on other things-solitaire anyone? but thoughts always on you...
How did John's tests go?
Tante Jan and Oom Ed

Anonymous said...

Wish you could've had a day like ours in Chicago-it's Indian Summer -we had a beautiful walk by the Fox River and an icecream cone! :) but i know you guys were creative!
xo Jan