Monday, September 25, 2006

Lots of forks

So this post is meaningless, but since we are studying Ecclesiastes in our Bible Study, I thought why not?

Yesterday, while preparing for his camping trip, JB went to pull out five forks to pack. In the course of this, he laid them on the counter and realized we had twelve forks that do not match with each other.

Don't believe us? We have proof!


How did this happen? We aren't sure. I think before we were married, we probably snagged some forks from our parents' houses to help JB set up his first apartment. I also think that people who have brought dishes to our house for potlucks over the last years have left them behind, and, as a result, left us with quite a collection.

If you recognize any of these forks as a piece from your set at home, let us know, and we will get the fork back to you ASAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like my set!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

At least you have utensils. I just had to buy a set of teaspoons because mine have disappeared! I'm beginning to think the kids accidentally throw them away when they empty a cereal bowl into the garbage. Either that, or they're under somebody's bed (hopefully, not with the bowl too) But, hey, my forks don't match, but my teaspoons do! We'll see how long these 12 last. Aunt L