Friday, September 01, 2006

It's Official

It's official. I miss JB. I woke up this morning so excited to say that he will be home tomorrow. It's been four weeks since he left for Eglin, and I am so ready for him to get home. The good news is that the egg finally fell off our stupid bird's chest without any help from me. Thank goodness. The bad news is that the fish tank light is still majorly screwed up from the storm. And it's not just for those reasons that I want him home or the fact that I have difficulty operating the television or VCR without his help. It's also been a long time since I have smelled his cooking in the house. No, seriously. He's just my babe, and I really miss having him around. I am so ready for him to get back.

He has two weeks off when he returns, but he has reminded me repeatedly not to fill up these days with activities and chores (like I would do that?!) as he has two major tests to study for. He has to take his Step 2 test and his Clinical Exam. One of these is here in Rochester, and the other is in Chicago. These are national tests that all medical students have to take and pass in order to become a licensed doctor. The countdown to JB's MD is less than ten months away. Woah.

In other news, I am going to run in the Harvest Classic tomorrow. I am going to do the 5K (3.1 miles.) I have taken the last three days off of running hoping that my left calf will heal up. It has been giving me major issues when running so hopefully the days off will allow me to run the race without too much pain. This race will probably be one of my last runs as I have to take some time off surrounding the transfer. I am on a strict "no exercise" for at least two weeks, however, with as difficult as pregnancy is for me to attain, I will probably continue that through most of the pregnancy which I hope to be in two weeks.

Just another reason I want to have JB home is that the transfer date is now less than a week away. I also have to start progesterone shots on Monday. Since these are in my back, you cannot give them to yourself so I definitely need his help. I also just need his help handling the emotions surrounding another try. Most of you who have spoken with me recently (esepcially my Mom whom I spoke with last night) have been able to gather that my mood is slightly warped and, well bad. Yes, I am in a bad mood. Not that I want JB to share this bad mood. I just want him to cheer me up!

Hurry home JB!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, you probably have no idea of how far-reaching your blog is and how many people are cheering you on as you walk this difficult journey called "Infertility". I 'm certain their are days when you feel like no one else could ever possibly understand; however, anyone that has faced heartache and testing can identify with your frustrations and deep longings for a child. Walk hand in hand with your Heavenly Father, snuggle in His arms of love, and REST. You know that overwhelming feeling of love that you have for the precious "sticky babies"? Well, He has that same feeling about you...that's why we call Him our Father! Please know that hundreds of people are paraying for you, for JB, and for the babies. Blessings!
Here's a few more thoughts that have given me comfort:

There is no circumstance, no trouble, no testing, that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart.
--Alan Redpath

Your Holy Spirit enfolds me -- making me realize I am not alone. Thank You for Your strength, Your wisdom and the comfort of Your presence. Even in the most agonizing times I have the knowledge that You are there, Lord. When all I can do is whisper Your Name, it is enough. You hear. You care. You understand. My praise and adoration, Lord Jesus. Amen.
--Joan Winmill Brown

All of us have wondered at times why God doesn't do more to fix our problems. But our human eyes often fail to see that God isn't rushing to change our circumstances because he is concerned with a much more serious problem -- our character. While you struggle with the woes of this world, god's main occupation is preparing you for the world to come. The focus of what God is doing in your life takes place in you, not around you.
--Andy Stanley, in "Like A Rock"

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your race Wendi! I know you will do so fantastic! And John will be home soon!