Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Special Verses

It's a good thing I wake up a lot during the night. At three a.m. I woke up and realized my fan wasn't on. That's because the electricity had gotten knocked out again during a storm. The last time this happened, JB was also out of town. I finally tracked down my phone so I could set my phone alarm and then headed back to bed. This morning I have been wandering around resetting all the clocks and trying to fix the motor on the fish tank.

Yesterday was a rough day again for me. After doing some RLSF work, I decided to spend the evening compiling some of my favorite scriptures in one place both for me to read and for visitors to read both today or in the future. These are directed toward my issues, however, anyone can find comfort in the words. Pick some of your favorites. I will keep the link on the right side of the page so you are welcome to access them anytime.

Oh, and thank goodness, JB comes home tomorrow! I miss him so much and not being able to talk to him is even worse.

Also, at noon today I will put a trivia up, so look for it!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. " Matt.11:28

"Wait on (hope in) the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart." Psalm 27:14

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14

But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?" Romans 9:20

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Tim. 1:7

God will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. I Cor. 14:33

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Isaiah 40:28-29

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, i will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat.
Isaiah 25:4

The testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing
James 1:3-4

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, although there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Hab. 3:17-18

I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:13

Give an ear to my words oh Lord, give heed to my sighing. Listen to the sound of my cry, my king and my God.
Psalm 5:1

He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.
Psalms 113:9

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deut. 31:8

Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus. “But this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.” John 9:3

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hands and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Rom. 8:28

Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’” Is anything too hard for the Lord?”
Gen. 18:14

I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jer. 32:27

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Heb. 11:1

If we are faithless, He will remain faithful.
II Tim. 2:13

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Phil. 4:12

Jesus replied, “You do not realize what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

The secret things belong to the Lord our God.
Deut. 29:29

Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

. . . and the Lord remembered her . . . Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son.
I Sam. 1:19

Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn. Is
aiah 51:1

Look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was but one, and I blessed him and made him many. Isaiah 51:2

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. Isaiah 51:6

Was it not you who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep, who made a road in the depths of the sea so that the redeemed might cross over? Isaiah 51:10

The ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Isaiah 35:10

I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass. Isaiah 51:12

Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. Isaiah 54:4

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb. 11:1

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. James 1:2-4

Do not be anxious about anything, bu tin everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi, Those are good to hear, for all of us. Thanks for reminding us! I'm going to tell someone I know to check it out. I know it will be a blessing to this person too. Love you! Sarah