Sunday, September 03, 2006

2006 Harvest Classic

As I mentioned yesterday, Saturday morning, JB and I ran the 5K race for the Harvest Classic. This is a fundraiser put on by Mayo Medical students to raise money for Channel One Food Bank and Shelf.

Most of these photos are actually courtesy of Kristen who brought a camera. Thanks Kristen!

Pre-race photo of Kristen, me, JB, and Tara. Kristen was cracking me up before the race. She has only recently started running and was so worried she would finish dead-last. She finished far from that.

Prior to the start of the 5 and 10K, there was a kid's 1 mile fun run. This was so great to watch. The kids were so excited. You can see JB and I cheering on this little girl. Too cute!

Our running group: Wendi, JB, Brandon, and Tara right before the midpoint of the race.

Allison's husband took pictures during the race. You can see JB and Tara up front, me holding down the middle, and Brandon, who decided to run at the last minute, trying not to barf! This is right after the halfway point.


Here is Tara and I finishing the race in an "agreed upon" tie. Tara definitely had a lot more steam left than I did.

Me and my buddy Tara who was in good enough shape to run the 10K but decided to run the 5K with us instead.

These are our friends: Brandon (2nd year student) and Kristen. Allison is standing next to me. She is in Brandon's class. We met Brandon and Kristen at the CMDA (Christian Medical and Dental Association) Bible Study.

Me and my hubby who surprised me by coming home a day early to run the race with me (and just to see me in general).

This is a printout of the result sheet from the 5K. You may need to click on this to make it larger and get a better view. You can see JB at 57 and Tara and I at 63 and 64 (we actually tied, but they gave Tara the lead spot!) I was very happy with my time which equalled a 9:03 pace. I was actually hoping to be running under 10 minute mile pace. I should have set better goals! I could have broken a nine minute mile.

No comments: