Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dave and Lesley are the best!

My friends Dave and Lesley are the best! Last night they invited me over for dessert and games. Even though I didn't manage to win even one game of Sequence (Lesley took home the trophy with three wins), I had a great time, and it was a welcome distraction after a very long week.

One good thing is that work is so unbelievably busy. Grant season at Mayo is extremely stressful. I'm unable to think much about myself at all during the work day. I work non-stop and even contemplate skipping lunch because it would take too long!

It's when I get home that the days have been hard. So Dave and Lesley helped eliminate this part of the equation by having me over -- for oreo ice cream and oreos themselves no doubt!

Thanks so much for being such good friends guys.

Last night I also had my bi-monthly counseling appointment. My counselor doesn't think I need to come too often, so we just schedule it every few months so I can check in. Grecia is fabulous and is a good listener. Although last night I did a lot more crying than talking. Either way, she is excited as well that we are trying this again and gave me a few good books to help myself with the mind games.

Another great friend asked me last night if it was the dissapointment in the past or the fear of the future that has me struggling these last few days. I think it is definitely the fear of the future. I'm not really sad about what has happened. It's just difficult to think about what might happen.

The trick is completely turning this over to the Lord. If I know he has my best interest in mind, then "letting go and letting God" is the key to the whole solution! Now, does anyone know the magic words to doing that? If you do, fill me in. I could use some help there.

Today, JB comes home. If you can't tell, I am very excited about this. I can't wait to have him back at home and hear all about the trip. I will post pictures of their trip (if he took them as promised ASAP!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures from the big camping trip! I'll be checking the blog! We had a lot of fun last night - thanks for coming over. We join you in eager anticipation of JB's return!