Friday, April 14, 2023

My friend Tammy



I have been so blessed in this "new" home we are calling forever in ... to meet and be loved by ...

SO
MANY
INCREDIBLY
AMAZING

women!

I honestly am overwhelmed by how many good friends stand alongside me in this life. So many people that when, I'm having a hard time, tell me that they'll whip up some food for me to sit down behind the church and just sit and eat together. 

(Tammy did this.)

Tammy is a "veteran" mom. Two of her kids are married now. One is getting close to marriage (I think) and it might be to a girl that I helped introduce him to. :) 

(Okay, truth be told. This town is very small and they might have met without me in the picture.)

Tammy is "veteran" homeschool Mama as well. She's been on the Board of Heritage Home Scholars for many years. 

Her last child, Jonathan, is in my British Literature class. He's a gem. (And I think he'll end up a preacher or something close!) He's going to be a junior which means he will start dual-enrolling and spending less time with the homeschool group. (While our juniors and seniors are still around co-op, they become much more active away from the building as they prepare to finish high school.)

Tammy is one of these women that you meet and just think: I want to be like her. She is sweet, soft-spoken, encouraging, funny, really, and incredibly kind. She's the board member that we often say: "If Tammy thinks this is not a good situation, it must really not be a good situation" as she is even more of an optimist/try-to-find-the-good than I am.

I'm so glad I got to know her. She attends my church and has homeschooled with me for the last eight years. A new era is coming at our homeschool group as many of the Mamas I have been doing this with for so long say good bye to the journey and pass the torch. I am one of the people they are going to be passing the torch too. 

I don't want them to leave me! But I know this is part of the journey as we school and "do life" together.

No comments: