Friday, April 07, 2023

Fantastic Podcast


I don’t listen to podcasts next to ever but this was Uh-maz-ing.  


I’ll let my cousin’s wife, Julia, who recommended this to me, share her opinion: 

*****

I highly, highly recommend listening to this podcast. It’s a 7-episode series in which a fair, thoughtful reporter interviews J.K. Rowling about her perspective on the transgender issue. It also includes interviews with those who oppose Rowling, including people who are trans. So no matter what side of the debate you’re on, you will learn from and hopefully better understand the other. 

Mostly, this podcast demonstrates what genuine, gracious debate should look like, an art our society has lost, to our detriment. It also reveals the ugliness of the alternative, where people hurl the worst, most hateful words at people they disagree with, and intolerance is seen as a virtue in many circles. It’s hard to listen to these parts and not feel utter despair at humanity.

I truly hope we will see the error of our ways and come back to honest debate someday, and give grace to those who believe differently than we do. I’m thankful there are platforms like this one that attempt to steer us in that direction again.

Give it a listen.

but this was Uh-maz-ing. but this was Uh-maz-ing. 

No comments: