Sunday, April 23, 2023

Animal Chaos

Sheep don’t know it is Sunday. They don’t care that you are going to church. I went out to feed the chickens this morning only to discover …. Animals not where they are supposed to be! Not good!

We had separated 12 sheep from the herd that a customer is picking up next week, and they found a way out of their paddock. We spent two hours attempting to negotiate their return. During that time, two of them found our other herd. We attempted to move THAT herd, and they went for a joy run as well.

(It is so hard to not fight with your spouse and children when you are begging stupid sheep to go where you want them. I need to wear a shirt that says, “I’m sorry for what I said while we’re moving sheep.”)

In the midst of the chaos, I said to John Kitsteiner (inbetween trying to catch my breath from running hills) that I can’t imagine what God feels watching us down here on earth being stupid! “Hey, here’s the gate. Come on through it,” He says.

And we say, “No thanks. We are stupid. We want to run around for hours until you talk us into going where you tried to get us to go in the first place.”

And he says, “Don’t go back to those other sheep. I’ve got green grass here.”

And we disagree.

(And it repeats. Over and over again.)

Needless to say, two hours after it all began, church had begun, and the sheep were finally back where we tried to get them to go in the very beginning, and we are all just more tired.🙂Psalm 119:176 “I have gone astray like a lost sheep;”

No comments: