Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Wee-wind Wednesday

 



Three years ago today, we were holding a virtual baby shower for Aunt Hannah due to the just-starting-to-clobber-us-global-pandemic. MANNNnnnn, do I hope I never have to live through one of those again. I look back, too, and see my little Hannah and Genevieve. Man, have they changed. So much growing up. Look at them now: 

 

Time is SO fleeting and so wonderful and so painful all rolled up into one. You spend the first 20 years of your life working to grow up. And then suddenly, another 20 has passed while you were just seemingly ... blinking. 

I keep wondering how I could have been dealing with infertility for a decade and suddenly, my youngest child is nearly a decade old. How does it happen? Why does it happen? Why did God make life so short and yet so painfully hard sometimes? 

By the way, speaking of children, I have recently been listening to this podcoast/video with Jordan Peterson discussing how the birthrate in our country will actually end up being a major problem at some point in the future. 

This, is completely unrelated, and yet it isn't. We need to be honest about the future with our children. We need to teach our young girls that they may probably end up wanting children even though they think they won't right now. We need to discuss their career choices vs. the debt that they go into. We need to remember that having children is intrinsically woven within us and to raise a human soul for Jesus is truly one of the most unselfish things (and important things!) you can ever do.

My friend, Ms. Ruth, encouraged me to keep this Blog going by just writing these things that are on my heart. I'm purposefully, NOT overthinking them. I am, instead, just sharing what I am learning and thinking as a nearly 45-year-old woman. 

I pray that someday my children can read this and see what I was thinking at this time in my life. If you don't agree with me, that's okay. I truly am not looking for a discussion. I am simply sharing what MY heart is feeling right now. It may be wrong. I may come to learn differently.

But to those who read my Blog (which is now going close to 20 YEARS!) then you can see where my heart is at the time.

 

No comments: