Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Embrace







The boys friends from church/homeschool, Lucas and David came over for a visit yesterday. We are taking a little "Spring Break" from schoolwork, and they love to come to the farm. 

During their visit there were bees to kill (with tennis rackets of course!) and sheep to move and line to run and eggs to collect. 

(More hands make less work after all!)

Later that day, after he'd gone home, David told his Mother: "That Kitsteiner family is the hardest-working family I know."

I think that's a good thing.

I hope we play as hard as we work.

But sometimes, life does feel like it is more work and not nearly enough play.

We continue to try to find a balance. We try to find a way that we can do things here on the farm that are good for us, good for the environment, good for our friends and neighbors ...

While at the same time trying to balance the time that these things will take. 

When I see a new farm going up somewhere, and I see all the things they are doing, I can't help but think: Woah. That's a lot. Don't do too much, too fast. It seems small. But it's big. Raising your own food is really cool except the actual raising part. 

This year, I've been focusing on the word EMBRACE. Can I embrace the busy? Can I embrace the crazy? Can I embrace the sheer number of questions and interruptions and requirements and lack of time for myself? 

Can I EMBRACE ... LIFE?

No comments: