Saturday, November 14, 2020

"No one is listening to us"

I had an old friend, link to an online article. While the end got into some political stuff I don't necessarily agree with, there were some pieces that really resonated with me during this COVID battle.

Folks, these feelings are not exagerrated. My husband doesn't work in an ICU so he doesn't see quite as many deaths. His job is to get patients stabilized and into the ICU. But he is seeing things right now. He is seeing things that are really bad. 

Last night he climbed into bed. I started asking him questions about work, and he just said: "Wendi, I can't talk about it. I just can't. I can't say anymore. I'm so tired of sickness and COVID. I just need to go to sleep."

My husband is strong. He'll be okay. But not all doctors and nurses are. This is a BIG deal. And it isn't going away any time soon.







No comments: