Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Birds on the Ceiling


Parenthood.

It's what I do.

And it is hard

Each season seems the hardest. 

New babies? Yikes. Lack of sleep. Toddlers? Ugh. So many butts to wipe. Little kids? Injuries and exhaustion. And now ... I'm creeping in on teenagers.

The emotions are getting 

D

E

E

P

around these parts. Our little Abigail has been battling at bedtime some pretty difficult anxiety and worries. John has been helping her through it, but I pasted these stickers up on her ceiling, and they have really helped her as she tries to fall asleep at night.

We take one day at a time. 

The other day I counted 37 questions in 41 minutes.

But I like to be thankful that they still talk to me. And rely on me. And ask for my advice. 

Abigail LOVES birds. Like is OBSESSED by them. She found out about ornithologists the other day and her world was rocked. She can get a job with birds! She was quick to say: "I want to make sure I can like, DO the things. I don't want to just be in charge of other people doing the stuff with the birds. I want to do the things too."

In the meantime, she has started her own little Blog. It really wasn't designed for public consumption. It was designed for her to organize her bird thoughts and dreams and pictures. But I wanted to share it for those of you who need to remember: find your passion! LITTLE BIRDER BLOG

2 comments:

Dana said...

My husband's cousin (we're in Canada) has inherited a passion for birds from her dad. She recently finished her education and has a job working in the birding field. She loves it! It's so exciting to see someone get to truly do their heart's work.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Dana, I'd love to learn more about how she got into this?!