Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Voting!


It's Election Day here in the USA. The Election of 2020. What a year it has been for so many of us. I took Sidge with me to go vote. Isaac went with JB. We wanted them to get to see the process. Both of them barely remember going with me in 2016. 

Later that evening, JB put them girls to bed, and we watched the returns until Sidge's eyes started to droop. As is often the case, our Isaac is much more able to handle being up late than Sidge. Sidge turns into a pumpkin just like I do. 

I went to bed around 10pm. John stayed up until about 1am. As of today, Wednesday afternoon, we don't know who the President is as this is a VERY close rate. Biden or Trump?

Here's what I am teaching my children right now more than EVER:
  • Love everyone.
  • When you doubt, love them again.
  • Pray for our country.
  • Much of the tumultuous feelings have to do with social media. 
  • Be present locally. 
  • Love your neighbor.
  • Serve those around you.
  • Love Jesus.
  • Share Jesus. 
I am so thankful for where I grew up and everything I learned in South Florida. I am also thankful for the experience I had playing basketball in Kentucky. I was a teacher in both Kentucky and Minnesota and have lived on three continents. For me, the world is VERY big. When my kids played, they didn't pretend using states. They pretended using countries. "You go to Germany! I'm going to Turkey!" 

I know live in a totally different part of the country now, but my life's mission is to raise children who love ALL people no matter WHO THEY ARE or WHO THEY VOTE FOR to be kind. They are currently memorizing the entire chapter of I Corinthians 13, and I write it here as a reminder.

We are worried for America. That a very close race and the lack of desire to admit defeat, could cause great tragedies in our country. I am praying fervently that this will not be the case. That we will choose I Corinthians 13.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


No comments: