Monday, November 30, 2020

Monday

“Meanwhile, we are accused by strangers on Twitter, by random people in the grocery store and by our country's elected leaders of lying or being part of a global conspiracy. Even some of our own ranks have alleged -- against all physical and statistical evidence -- that Covid-19 is "no worse than the flu" or could be fixed with herd immunity -- a myth. We cannot begin to describe the feeling of leaving a hospital ward full of patients gasping for breath, only to be told that we are making it up.”

That quote came from the article I linked to in previous post. 

John slept most of the day. At 4pm he perked up some snd we watched The Big Year with the kids — it’s a really fun (mostly clean) movie. The book is better. But John and I enjoyed the movie before kids. And now we enjoy it with kids. 

We started schooling today after a week off for Thanksgiving. We did everything remotely from the Kotynski family as we all hunker down in our own homes. 

Our Wwoofer Jacob appears to be getting sick. He and John spent a lot of time working together during the Thanksgiving Break so this isn’t a big surprise.

I am pretty sure Abigail has it. She’s been complaining of a sore throat for a few days and she’s crying at the drop of a hat. But she’s not feverish. No one is. Not even JB. 

My husband. He still took a few phone calls today. Trying to figure out how they will make it through this pandemic with winter and the flu not even a huge part of their vocabulary yet.

I suppose I should Blog about something else. But there isn’t much else on my mind. I am so blessed by another friend who brought things I needed today. So many prayers and phone calls and texts and encouragements. 

A sweet friend wrote these words to me today. I share it here to remember it in the days and weeks and months to come. 

God call us to to the “risky road of loving others” because that is what HE did to the point of the cross! You guys have always lived an “others-centered”live, not a “self-centered life” and I absolutely love that about you guys! Your servants hearts, your generous hearts! Don’t let this fight let you forget who you are and your calling to love the way our Lord does! I know this is easier said than done but I just wanted to encourage you!

You have fought a lot of hard battles, infertility, depression... and you have seen God’s faithfulness in mighty ways. Our God is faithful and is with you in the midst of this very hard situation! It is my prayer that He sustains you, strengths you, protects the rest of your family from COVID and fill you with his peace.

Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." ... 1 Corinthians 15:58, NASB: "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."

No comments: