Friday, January 11, 2019

We Bought a Farm: This is how we school here


 "Teaching children about the. natural world should be seen as one of the most important events in their lives." Thomas Berry

My cousin Hannah Grace took these photos of "the littles" out during PE time no the farm. Eoin (6), Genevieve (5), and Abigail (5) embracing nature and just enjoying a cold but beautifully sunny day. 





We have a new farm volunteer on the farm. I had a long talk with her today. I told her I am done concerning myself with the state of our world. I am going to be a blessing in my little corner of the world. I'm going to invite individuals to share in our life here. We are going to be kind and happy and welcoming people. And we are just going to enjoy our life and LIVE.

Truly, somedays I miss the big city life that I grew up with. I miss the different flavors of food and the different colors of people and the pace and the styles and the diversity. But I also know that I cannot ever move back to urban life. Rural life is where I belong. Mostly it is where my children belong.

However, it is also important to remember that being more rural does not make me more spiritual. Eating locally doesn't make me more spiritual. Homeschooling doesn't make me more spiritual. Jesus makes me more spiritual. Wherever you are ... whatever you are doing ... do it for Jesus,

 

1 comment:

Phil Danner said...

Amen to this! Love your blog! One day Gail and I will have to drop by and see you guys in person. Keep on keeping on.