Tuesday, January 22, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Moving the Sheep

 "The shepherd always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests and his own are the same.Stendhal

Other than the sounds of occasional sheep bleets and the noise of our own feet crunching on the frozen ground, it was just a beautifully peaceful day. Freezing but sunny. No wind. I had to remind myself just to stand still and take in the peace. The serenity. The quiet. Oh the quiet. How much I would miss this quiet if I was surrounded again by the noises of town.

I love our sheep. We've gotten our farm down to the animals that bring us joy, and I am not sure if anyone cannot feel joy when they are with sheep. 

Our ram is out with them right now -- about two dozens mamas and another dozen or so of our castrated rams who will be processed come spring. 

Despite it being a freezing day, the sun was out. Grama stayed with our kids who are all battling illness while I went out with Jacob and Alexa to set up some new paddocks and move the sheep to their new pasture. 

Alexa snapped a few pictures of our sheep:



And here is a quick video I took of this beautiful day:


Excited for our lambs to start coming in just a few months. Excited for this life I have the opportunity to live.

No comments: