Friday, August 01, 2014

Friday Funnies

Okay folks, let's get your guesses! What does the new ER doctor have on his head?! Leave a comment!

My father commented on my last "Friday Funnies" that Sidge seems to dominate the funnies. I think that is true. Abigail is just starting to say funny things, but her's are still too subtle to always capture on Friday Funnies. Isaac is a bit older and not making the "play on language" statements that little brother is. He also has a dryer sense of humor which is sometimes harder to put onto page. I often get something that I think I can put on Friday Funnies -- but when I try to write it, I just can't get the funny to come across very clearly. So for now, I suppose we'll let Sidge steal the show. Here's some Sidge -- with a little bit of Abigail.

*****

Yesterday Sidge asked me to help him build a rocket out of legos.
Me: "Um, I think I need a picture to do that. I'm not a master builder. I need a picture."
Sidge: "No problem. I have a picture right in my mind."

*****

Sidge and I were working through this worksheet below:


Me: "What do you put flowers in?
Sidge: "A flower?"
Me: "No. What do you put it in?"
Sidge: "A vase."
Me: "Okay. Now, read number 2. You like to eat me. What am I?"
Sidge: "A plate?"
Me: "A plate! Sidge! No. What would you eat in that picture?"
Sidge: "Oh. A cake."
Me: "Right. Number three. I fix a torn page. What am I?"
Sidge: "Toilet paper."
Me: "Seriously?"
Sidge: "Okay, tape."
Me: "And number four. What do you use to pile leaves?"
Sidge: "A game? Ha ha. Isn't that funny Mommy?"

It wasn't until the last one that I realized he'd been pulling my leg the entire time.

*****

JB pretended to eat Abigail's pillow. "Oh mannnnn," Abigail said. "You gotta be kidding me."

*****

Abigail asked to put her play stethoscope on my heart. "It's still beeping," she replied.

8 comments:

Kelly V. said...

Lol. Girls swimsuit? ;)

Lindsey Helfrich said...

I think that this is the babies swim suit

Anonymous said...

It is a girls one piece tutu.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to add my name to my guess.
I said one piece tutu

Bethany

Mie said...

My girls have those suits and have for 3-4 years (different colors, but this year purple like yours!).
Marie

Lisa b :) said...

Dance tutu or swimsuit that has a tutu. Too funny.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yes! It is a purple girls swimsuit with tutu attachment!

Joia said...

This is THE BEST picture. Ever.