Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday Funnies


Abigail is making her debut on Friday Funnies!

Her blue eyes have appeared to be changing to green. JB asked her the other night, "Abigail, are your eyes going to end up being blue or green? What color do you think they are going to be?"

Abigail replied, "Purple."

*****

Yesterday Isaac asked for a piece of "blank bread." I gave him plain bread -- which is what he meant.

*****

While studying about spheres, Isaac kept looking at them and studying them and then he said, "Mom, this doesn't look anything like a spear."

*****

How to know that you've been living on an island for way too long:

Sidge: "When can we go swimming in the Base pool?"
Me: "Well, they won't fill it up with water again until the summer. And then we'll be moving to Tennessee. So I am not sure you'll be able to ever swim in it again. But don't worry, in Tennessee, there will be a lot of pools we can swim at."
Sidge: "How will we get to them?"
Me: "When we get to the USA, we'll be able to drive to all kinds of places. It's going to be great. We can just get in our van and go to the zoo, or the pool, or museums any time we want."
Sidge: "Will we have to take a car ferry to get there?"

*****

I really, really dislike the game Chutes & Ladders. I will play any other game our kids have but have basically staged a protest on Chutes & Ladders because, well, I'm a grown-up and feel entitled. The game is confusing (I can't ever remember which direction to go in and have trouble keeping track of which way my kids need to go.) In addition, there are too many chances to go all the way back to the beginning. Too frustrating! Anyways, Isaac asked me to play this morning, and I told him I just didn't want to play it. "Why don't you like it Mom? Is it because you always lose?"

*****

As the kids were climbing into the car, Abigail started screaming. She kept telling me that Isaac did something to her. She was furious at Isaac. I asked the boys what happened. Isaac just shook his head. "Mom, I just kissed her on her head and she hated it."

*****

Sidge: "What is that on your head?
Me: "It's called a bun."
Sidge: "A bun? Can I eat it?"

*****

Sidge: "Can I have honey on my macaroni and cheese?"
Me: "Honey doesn't really go on macaroni and cheese."
Sidge: "Can I have ketchup?"
Me: "Well, yes, but you don't really need it."
Sidge: "I know. But Joni and I really like it."

No comments: