Monday, December 09, 2013

Monday K.I.S.S.= Let them stay in the pajamas!

Today's Mom K.I.S.S.:
    Let them stay in their pajamas!
    So when I say "let them stay in their pajamas", it's more a figurative statement for winging things. While I feel like my home is very organized and "in line", I must be honest that we do not have a set routine. Each day is a little bit different. I am very clear about expectations when I give them, but what I expect each day differs.
    Most days I have the kids change out of the pajamas after breakfast. But somedays, I tell them that it's okay to stay in their pajamas. Most days we eat cereal at the counter, but somedays we eat it while watching a cartoon. I really find the variety keeps things from becoming to routine and boring -- especially when it is raining every day and you are stuck inside. 
    I truly think that trying to follow a set routine would be painful for our family. When I give the kids an instruction, I make it clear that this is what we are doing today. However, what we are doing today may not be what we are doing tomorrow.
    And that is okay!

P.S. have a K.I.S.S idea? Please email them to me at wendi@wendikitsteiner.com!

No comments: