Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Funnies



Isaac: "Can I marry you Mom?"
Me: "You cannot. You can't marry moms."
Isaac: "Why not?"
Me: "Well because you can only marry one person and I married Daddy."
Isaac: "Why did you marry Daddy?"
Me: "Because I love him."
Isaac: "But you love me."
Me: "Yes, that's right."
Isaac: "So why can't you marry me?"
Me: "You can't marry your sons."
Isaac: "Okay, well can I marry Miss Carla?"
Me: "No. She's married to Mr. Mike."
Isaac: "Okay, well I am just going to have to think for awhile, like, until we move to Tennessee, who I am going to marry."

*****

You know there are a lot of kids in your house when your kids start telling you who they are after asking for something. Sidge will come into the kitchen and ask for some apple juice. I will reply that I will get it for him in a minute. "Okay," he says. "This is Sidge."

*****

While learning his books of the Bible for Awanas Sidge quoted: "Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Fuluppins (aka Colossians)."

*****

The boys toys are getting harder and harder for me to fix and put together as they get older. They got some little parachute man and I was supposed to tie him to the parachute. Only I had no idea what I was doing. So I tried, and as I did, Sidge narrated: "You try to tie him like that Mom. And then when Dad wakes up, he will look at it, and if you messed up, then you messed up, and Dad will have to fix it."

*****

Sidge: "What do you want to be when you grow up Mom?"
Me: "Well, I'm already grown up."
Sidge: "But what do you want to be?"
Me: "I'm already a Mom."
Sidge: "But you can't just be a Mom. What else do you want to be?"
Me: "I don't know. What should I be?"
Sidge: "Do you want to be a farmer with me and Dad?"
Me: "Sure."
Sidge: "Okay. Then we'll all three be farmers."

*****

I am continually telling the kids NOT to blow out my scented candles. That these are not birthday candles and I have them lit for a reason -- the smell. After asking me if he could blow out a candle and being told no, Sidge came out of the bathroom. "Mom, I was jumping down and I blew and my blow accidentally fell on the candle and it went out." (Yes, he got a time-out for that one.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how Sidge says "well, if you messed up Dad will fix it"!!!
Oh, the many times we mess up thru the years, if only things could be fixed that easily! Love how kids think...nothing is a big deal to them.
Cheryl