Sunday, December 23, 2012

My heart . . .

. . . misses this face so much:
 
 
I miss the boys of course. But they understand that we are gone. When we try to talk to them on the phone, they are too busy. They spent the first three days with Grampa and Grama K. Then they spent three days with Joni and Roy. Now they are back at my parents, preparing for our return! When we called them throughout the trip, we were lucky to get a "love you" or "bye!"; they were usually too busy with whatever they were playing with to talk to us.
 
But Abigail doesn't understand that we are gone. She definitely bonded with each of her grandparents while we were gone (apparently my dad might be her favorite). She stayed with my parents and Joni and Grama K. came to the house to help with her. We knew it would be doubly hard to be away from her brothers, but we didn't want to overdo anyone with all three kiddos at the same time. But I don't even want to talk to her on the phone because she won't understand why she can hear our voice but not see us.
 
I cannot wait to hug and kiss her little cheeks! We're headed home Abigail (and her big brothers!) See you soon!

No comments: