Monday, December 17, 2012

All Systems Go!

Ultrasound went great. Everything looks fantastic. Scheduled for a Saturday transfer. Thank you for the prayers. Please keep them coming.

It was incredibly surreal to walk back into the Charlton Building. I couldn't help but feel a wave of emotion as I pressed the elevator button to go up to Charlton 3A. Walked in that room. Waterfall flowing in the middle. Women spread throughout the waiting room, avoiding eye contact.

But then I saw Roxy, the same ultrasound tech who had been there for five years during our infertility journey. She called me back. I wasn't sure she would remember me. She sees so many people. But boy, did she. She was so happy to see us. So excited to hear about the direction our lives had gone. Dr. Coddington came in -- same calm demeanor and comforting gradfather persona. I saw Nancy, the only nurse still there from when I was being seen. They all came to see me.

My lining looked fantastic. My body responded perfectly to the medications. They will start thawing our seven little embryos tomorrow evening and depending on how they are doing, transfer Saturday, or possibly sooner.

I continue to feel better emotionally as I finish taking Lupron and continue estrace. Now I'll begin two other medications. The headaches are much better. The depression quite lessened. The anxiety, still prevalent. But I so feel people praying for me. Thank you for surrounding me with your prayers, comfort, and love.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Yay! An affirming answer to many prayers.

Anonymous said...

I remember Roxy. She was only there for my last few ultrasounds. Otherwise I had Vicki and Kathleen who now just scan in OB. My RE isn't there anymore, which is a good thing.

So glad that everything is a go for Sat. I'll be praying!

Bethany

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! So glad to hear, pretty lady.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Rochester!

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that all is going well. You have a wonderful team taking care of you. Many prayers and blessing to you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything while you are in Rochester.
Connie
cmr5979@aol.com

Faith said...

This is soo exciting! Thinking of you!

TAV said...

Great news! It was with somewhat mixed emotions I visited Rochester last month... happy to be where I am now but still remembering the pain of the past. Hoping for only happy things for you! Love you!