Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Only 12 degrees colder here

In "feels like" temperature, it is only 12 degrees colder in Minnesota today.

We are at feels like 29 degrees! It is feels like 17 there! STOP THE INSANITY!

Okay, truthfully, no complaining is allowed since it is supposed to get into the sixties tomorrow and the seventies the day after.

Another true fact. Whenever I bring up the weather it is usually because there really isn't much else to talk about.

Here are a few other bullets to help emphasize the normalness of my life currently.
  • I have been watching very little TV. The only two shows I am currently participating in are Survivor and American Idol. I have taped Prison Break since it is on the same night as Scrubs' dog class, but I am doubting whether I will get a chance to catch up. I've only seen a few episodes of American Idol and Survivor is only in week 2.
  • Scrubs likes jeans. I've decided that these jeans (and Rachel's black workout pants) are a major contributor to his "frolicking" problem. Funny frolicking story. I was at the dog park in Fort Lauderdale with my sister-in-law when I noticed Scrubs, way across the field, attempting to frolic with a lady in jeans. I took off, intent on stopping the totally inappropriate behavior. When I got there, I grabbed Scrubs and apologized repeatedly. "He won't do that for weeks," I said, "And then all of a sudden he'll just get in a mood and do it everyday." The little old man walking with the woman turned to me and said (I kid you not) "Honey, don't you worry. I'm the same way." I think I blushed.
  • Speaking of Rachel. I got a call from her yesterday. She was able to get my employment letters authenticated in Minnesota. How cool is that? And how awesome is Rachel. I canNOT wait for Rachel's wedding (okay Hans, it's your wedding too) in June!
  • Attended wives ("wifia" lunch today.) There were only four of us: Tiffany (with William), Joia (with Keenan), and Sarah (with Della) and me (with myself). Tiffany made some great enchiladas and Joia successfully wowed me with her dessert . . . again! I also say, "I won't eat dessert . . ." until I see what Joia brought. It's heaven!
  • JB sent me an overview for his "wilderness medicine" game plan. This included a 27 day "class" in Tennessee. I'm not so sure about this one. Twenty-seven days solo? Check that. Twenty-seven days solo with a son and a dog? We'll need to chat about this more when he gets home today.
  • We leave tomorrow for Jacksonville. So my blog will be a little quiet on Friday until we return on Saturday. Don't worry Tara. I'll take pictures. Geeesh!
  • Spellcheck is not working on my blog so I apologize now for any errors. Is anyone else having trouble with spellcheck? I'm lost without it.

10 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

ok - seriously that story about that little old man just cracked me up! too funny! i would have blushed too!

did i tell you that i love making your blog?! even if it IS in reference to my black workout pants that scrubs, umm, "enjoys".

Anonymous said...

Amen to the spell checker problem! What is With that??

TAV said...

i will post some pictures to make up for you, don't worry! :) have a great time in jax! i caught up w/ nicole but missed bay this time around. you have to see her bungy video! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joia, I checked on blogger. They said they are working on it!

AW said...

The little old man walking with the woman turned to me and said (I kid you not) "Honey, don't you worry. I'm the same way."

Ohhhahahahaha! OMG, don't you know that husband got a good whack in the ribs after you left! LMBO!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Rachel meant "I love READING you blog"...and I think its a Freudian slip tied to the little old man story when she wrote, "I love MAKING your blog". And now I am blushing, so this is going to be from Anonymous.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No i think she meant "making" as in she "made" the blog by having her name on it. Right Rach?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it! Silly me!! (Naughty me!!!) Apologies to everyone, especially Rachel.

Rachel and Hans said...

wendi - you are right. that is what i meant by "making" your blog. actually i'm not even sure how that could be turned into something that was a freudian slip??? but no need to explain - some things are better left unexplained!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I think the whole thing steps from the little old man! It's his fault!!!! "making" goes with his frolicking problem I think ... I'm just laughing here at the funniness of all of this. :) You all are great!!!