Thursday, February 07, 2008

Enjoying friends

It's been wonderful having Tara here. JB cooked some burgers on Tuesday evening, and we just hung out and caught up. On Wednesday, the wives came over for brunch. It's always a whirlwind with all those moms and all the kids congregated in one place. Wow! Lots of little boys = lots of activity. Of course, there is the lone girl, Della, who takes everything in stride! Hard to believe in just a few months I'll throw a boy of ours into the mix. I am also, always impressed with Tara who has the best memory EVER! She already seemed to know everyone's names and who they were married to just from the blog and conversations we shared. She remembers so many details -- seriously -- it's amazing!

Tara, Scrubs, and I also went for a run later that day and then JB, Tara, and I went for sushi in the evening. Well, Tara and JB had sushi. I steered clear.

So far, Thursday has been a quiet day. JB left early, and I let him take the car in. Tara and I took the pup for a run. At one point, I stopped and walked and Tara kept running. We were back on the trail in the woods so I let Scrubs off leash. He was running back and forth, and I think he may have gotten some blisters on his front paws. He limped the whole way home! Poor little guy. Sure enough he has two open blisters that he keeps licking.

Tonight, Tara and I will go to the book club with the wives (minus the children.) JB will stay home and watch William until Matt gets off since the book club is a "no children" event! It's always nice to get together with everyone when it's a bit quieter and less kid-focused. I love the kids, don't get me wrong. But the book club nights are always fun.

I'm trying to get Tara to update her blog! Bug her everyone! :) No, don't do that. She seems to be having a great time recooping from some difficult and time-consuming work weeks with reading, runs, and rests! It is so great to have her here and catch up with a good friend.

10 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

sounds like so much fun!! did you go running on that trail that you took hans and i on?

FUN!! i am one jealous, cold, minnesotan!

Anonymous said...

I keep going to check Tara's blog for pictures. She must be napping or you're keeping her too busy!!
Mom

Rachel and Hans said...

oh my gosh...i just read your cousin justin's guess for may-baby. i laughed out loud. 15 lbs?! too funny!

can you tell it's been a slow day - i've been checking your blog lots!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh gosh! Fifteen pounds/!?!? I'm razzing him about that on instant messenger right now.

Oh and yes Rachel, we did run the trail that you guys ran on. I think Scrubs' little paws got blistered on the pavement. Poor guy!

AW said...

Tara - update your blog!!! BTW...your new honey looks very sweet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Pictures please! :)

TAV said...

hi guys! pics are up!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can tell Tara's not reading Wen's blog cuz she's not shouting for pics on this one!

Anonymous said...

By the way, tell Tara I'm reading Three Cups of Tea, too. I am loving it -I bought it for Ed for Christmas. So far he hasn't touched it and I'm almost done.
Wen I'm in a book club too --so you'll have to let me know any really good ones you read that make good discussion for a group.
love ya Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Bing-yao, Wendi...not sik-yow.

LOL!!!!!!!!