Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cajun night

Here a few pictures from Cajun night, hosted by us, but cooked by Kacey and her sous-chef JB.

JB following Kacey's instructions perfectly.


Kacey with her two pots of gumbo. I thought I didn't like gumbo, but Kacey changed my mind!


JB and Kacey (with Matt and Tiffany)


JB's fellow intern Rob with wife Sarah and Della, the lone girl in the mix.


Preparing to eat!

It was a wonderful evening, and I am sure you will be able to see additional pictures on Joia's blog today so check it out. (Okay, I just checked, she already has pictures up there. So click HERE to see more pics. I love that Joia takes as many pics of Scrubs as I do. She needs a dog!!!! :)

As for me, I am, stressed out from the grant we have due. I try so hard to take each grant in stride, but when it comes to five days and counting, I start to feel the weight of these million dollar proposals. I just keep thinking that one of my errors could cost him the grant, and I have trouble sleeping or focusing on anything but the grant. I am making sure I take time to walk and do my devotions and spend time with JB. I also keep reminding myself that this will be my last grant at Mayo, since my last day is April 1st. But it isn't helping as much as I like.

Here is something that did help. A book Joan sent me: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. She sent this on December 23rd, the day, eighteen years ago, that she found out she had been chosen to adopt Brianna (who ironically, was due on the exact same day as our little XY). Here is today's passage.

You are feeling weighed down by a plethora of problems, both big and small. They seem to require more and more of you attention, but you must not give in to those demands. When the difficulties in your life feel as if they're closing in on you, break free by spending quality time with Me. You need to remember who I am in all My Power and Glory. Then, humbly bring Me your prayers and petitions; your problems will pale when you view them in the Light of My Presence. You can learn to be joyful in Me, your Savior, even in the mdist of adverse circumstances. Rely on Me, your Strength; I will make you feet like the feet of a deer, eabling you to go on the heights.

Pretty perfect, huh? If you could add me to your prayer list this week, that would be great. Also, please remember little Sarah, who has her MRI tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are in my prayers for the peace you need while you finish that Grant -i hate those kinds of jobs too! tell me when it's over!! :)
love Tante Jan