Friday, February 22, 2008

My brain has left the building

It is now 2:08pm. My brain has officially left my body. Seriously! I am unable to think any further. I have already done nearly 9 billable hours of work, and Dr. Phil isn't even on yet. That's 3pm for all of you people that actually get dressed and drive to work. I'm still in my pajamas folks.

I plan to stop at 5pm to spend some time with Josh and Sarah and then not restart work until 2pm tomorrow so I can spend some more time with them then. Unfortunately, I thought the grant was due today at 5pm. I was wrong. It is due Monday by 5pm. So this means a half day tomorrow and full day on Sunday will likely be a true facet of my existence before we wrap this thing up. In addition, my boss is leaving Sunday evening for a major presentation at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This includes 3 posters and 2 PowerPoint presentations. Yes, I am involved in these as well. Yikes!

Thus the reason my brain has officially left the building. I need chocolate. I would also like to get some exercise. Unfortunately, it has been raining NON-STOP since yesterday morning. Poor Josh and Sarah. What a bummer of a weekend to come into a beautiful place like Destin. I really hope we can go out on the boat tomorrow.

In other good news. I spoke with our lawyer this week. (His name is "Fritz" if you care.) I have preliminary paperwork (and, a preliminary bill :) to get things rolling for the adoption. He says that if everything goes as planned, this might be the easiest adoption he's ever done! Yipeee!

Okay, now back to find my brain . . .

No comments: