Saturday, February 09, 2008

Good bye Tara!

Well, I'll start with some photos that I stole from Tara so that you don't have to be tempted to scroll to the bottom. These were some of my favorites over the five days she was here.






All right. So now that we got all that photo stuff out-of-the-way, let me just say that: WE MISS YOU TARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so wonderful to have a bit of "home" here on Eglin AFB. Tara just feels like home. Hanging out with her is easy and relaxed and laid back. Maybe that's because I talk twice as much as she does so I don't ever feel like I am struggling to keep up! Tara is one of those friends that you don't need to make small talk with or explain a bunch of things to. The blogs have helped with that. And the fact that Tara remembers everything. She remembers anything I write on the blog and all the details so I don't have to re-explain anything. After three or more years of friendship during medical school at Mayo and a month and a half in Africa together, we are friends for life.

But we still didn't tell her XY's name.

This morning I took Tara to the airport in Valparaiso. The next we see her will be at Hans and Rachel's wedding -- a wedding we hope to attend with our little guy in tow.

JB needs the computer now for a presentation he is working on. I'll fill you in on our Sunday later.

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

love the pic of you and scrubs with his paw on your leg!!

i got the stuff in the mail - e-mail me with detailed instructions on what to do, ok?! :-)

it is so, so cold here, wendi. you would totally despise it! i totally despise it. why were hans and i not smart like you and john and move somewhere warm? ughh.

TAV said...

I miss you guys already! Thanks for making me feel as if I were at home! Can't wait for May baby! (you still have every opportunity to email me the name should you feel the urge. I will still accept revelations of this very impt. knowledge).
hugs!