Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New adventures abound

Okay, trivia time.



Which of the following is a true statement:
A. I have spent the day with two dogs.
B. JB helped a turtle cross the road this past weekend.
C. I just found out I have another grant due in a week.
D. Both A & B
E. Both A & C
F. All of the above.



Do you have your answer? Scroll down to see if you are correct.



















The correct answer is "D". If you guessed "C" or "E", I just want to say "ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?" I hope to NEVER do a grant again for crying out loud!



But . . . I have spent the day with two dogs. More on that in a second.



In addition, this past weekend, JB helped a turtle cross the street. He actually pulled it by the tail (so it wouldn't bite him). It was an alligator snapping turtle. Here is a picture of the turtle (not the exact turtle of course).




All right, so now that we are done with turtles, let's talk about dogs. Today, after I dropped JB off at the hospital, I stopped at a stop sign. Suddenly (pause for dramatic effect ...) a little Jack Russell came bolting underneath the car and then stood up and put his paws on the hood! I opened the door, and he came bolting to me and jumped into my arms.

Now what?

I put him in the passenger seat -- at which point Scrubs jumped up in the front to see the new addition. I then started riding through the neighborhood. After I stopped at a few houses I realized that this was going to be an uphill battle so I went back to my house and called the Vet. They said to bring him in to see if he was microchipped. Sure -- I have tons of spare time. I'll get right on that. Actually, I have been meaning to go there for quite some time to get Scrubs "registered" on base so I actually killed two birds with one stone.

So, I bring little "Jack" in. No microchip. They tell me my only choice is to call the humane society off base. So I call the humane society not happy about this option. I hear they give them ten days before they put them down. Oh man. The humane society tells me that a little dog has just been reported missing fitting this little guy's description. They give me the number. I call it. Answering machine. By noon, I am worried it's the wrong number. If you were missing a dog, wouldn't you sit by the phone -- especially if you had reported him missing at the humane society? Nope, they tell me. That's the number.

To make a long story short, a woman finally called me around 6:30pm. Did I have her dog? Yes I did! Well, the humane society had written her number down incorrectly. She tracked me down by calling the wrong number they gave me and calling that number and talking to the woman I had left a bunch of messages for. Yikes! Turns out, the dog's "daddy" had a Saturn just like mine which is why he was so willing to jump inside.

Anyways, "Jack" as we affectionately called him has now gone home. But here are some photos from our day as a family of three.


Jack loved peanut butter as much as Scrubs!


No heart nose here!


Look how little he is next to Scrubs as they share a water bowl?

I brought out Scrubs' puppy kennel to keep Jack in when I had to leave (and when the two of them together was getting to be too much.) Look how little that kennel is!!! Look how big Scrubs is now.

I am so happy that I found Jack's owner before we had to leave tomorrow. I had made back-up plans with our new neighbor to take over keeping him until the owner showed up. I did NOT want to bring him to the humane society.

Other adventures today included lunch with Joia and her friends from Canada: Cheryl and Kristin. I "met" Cheryl through cyberspace as she blog hopped from Joia's blog to mine. It was wonderful to meet in person. You can see a picture of our day by blog hopping to Joia's blog.

We also went to dinner with the Sevdy's. They are such a fun family with three of the most adorable little boys ever (all under three!) They took us to Godfather's pizza for a $5.50 buffet! What a deal!

All right, time to get ready for my trip. I plan to bring my computer so you will hopefully hear from me from the road. But no promises. It's a vacation after all!

5 comments:

TAV said...

cute little doggie twins!!
JB helped ANOTHER turtle?!
GOOD LUCK on boards, JB!!! You will do great!

AW said...

What a cute doggy! And was JB's turtle THAT big? I've never seen such a thing!

Anonymous said...

The dogs are cute together. Have a good time this weekend. You are really going to enjoy Ashville...it is beautiful up there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, check out your count down to may baby. You're in the single digits now!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No Tara, same turtle. So it must have been longer than last week. Things blend together. I finally got around to posting it. Funky, I'll have to check on the exact size specs.

Wendi