Sunday, June 03, 2007

Going "home"

Here is a picture of our soon-to-be home in Eglin. The first time we have lived in a house!

Well this morning my mother, mother-in-law myself will make the trek to Eglin Air Force Base. Rob and JB arrived yesterday in just about 9 and a half hours. It's incredible that you can drive 9.5 hours and still be in the state of Florida! John was pleasantly pleased that Budget gave him an upgrade to some sort of SUV. I think it had to do with a military discount (which we are enjoying more and more). When I spoke with him on the phone he seemed much more upbeat about making such a long drive as a lone driver with a nice SUV. Rob, unfortunately, is too young to drive a rental.

It may be a few days before you see me posting again. I'm not sure when we'll get Internet up and running in our new home. For now, I am just excited to begin this new phase of our life. I am blessed that my two moms are going to come with to help me. I am not supposed to lift anything over 20 pounds and am also trying to rest a lot. I had no earthly idea how I could get out of boxes before they offered to help. I also need to start working by Wednesday if I can. If I had to unpack the house myself, with JB starting his residency on Wednesday, it would take me weeks. With their help and the help of Robbie, I'm sure it will be very livable by the time Rob and the moms drive back on Thursday morning.

If you need something to do while I am offline, please remember me in my prayers. This 2ww (two week wait) is often the most difficult of the entire IVF journey. (Speaking of that, my mother did a great job giving me my shots without John here.) It is hard to control your mind and not think about the fact that you have been through this three times prior without success. It's hard to forget that nearly four years of trying have now expired. It's hard not to feel very jealous, left behind, and sad. It's hard to remember that this time could be different. So please just pray for my thoughts -- that I will trust the Lord fully knowing He is capable of so much more than we can think or imagine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying the prayer you asked us to this morning - for your thoughts -- that your heart will trust the Lord fully knowing He is capable of so much more than we can think or imagine.
our hearts/prayers are with you often these days...my small group of women i meet with is praying too..
hugs Jan

TAV said...

I am praying very hard too. Please please send me your address when you know it. Miss you already!

AW said...

Wendi, I am praying and will continue to do so. I'm praying for peace and for God's purpose and love to overwhelm you.

Blessings and more blessings,
Andi