Thursday, June 21, 2007

Story People


So some of you remember that JB and I took a weekend trip to Decorah, Iowa about a year ago. There was this fantastic store there that sold these amazing prints. We LOVED them! However, I knew we were moving soon and didn't want to buy anything new. I figured I could find them online. I never could!

The other day I am browsing on the website of my online friend Tara ("Plan B" Tara). Tara is getting ready to have their first son via a surrogate. She took pictures of their nursery, and I see this picture hanging on the wall, and I know that picture! It's my artist-guy that I love: Brian Andreas.

So anyways, I've already decided that someday, I'm going to have some of these prints hanging in my own home. Can you imagine a print more perfect than the one shown above ("borrowed" from Tara's blog) for those of us couples waiting (not so patiently) for children to enter our lives? You can click on the picture to get a better view.

Just had to share! He has tons of other prints. If you come visit my house in a few years, I'm sure you'll see some!

If you are unable to click on the picture and see what it says, it says:

For a long time there were only your footprints and laughter in our dreams and even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever.

Thanks for sharing Tara!

1 comment:

Amy T. S. said...

I applied to college at Luther in Decorah, but chose California instead. I think I got a piano-lesson scholarship there and stayed overnight. It was cold!