Monday, December 11, 2006

Congratulations Karen!

Andy (third year), JB, Reuben and then the Philips family (Melissa, Christo, Luke, and Karuna)

Well my new friend Karen is the 30,000th blog visitor and joins Matt and Tara. Karen, truthfully, you don't win anything except everyone else's admiration! :) I actually don't know Karen personally, so I think it's awesome that we can meet someone new through this victory! Congrats Karen.

If you haven't taken the "Southern quiz" you really need to do that! Thanks to those of you who posted their results. We have more southerners reading this blog than I knew of. My cousin Sarah emailed me that she took the quiz and had some good memories of her college days in Mobile, Alabama, especially the time some guy asked if he could carry her home! :)

Yesterday, JB and I really worked to start getting things in order for our trip home to Florida. We leave on Friday. Friday is a big day because not only are we leaving for Florida, but KRISTI IS HAVING HER BABY! What an unbelievable miracle that little Raylee will join the world on Friday. I told Kristi that this has been the longest pregnancy ever. When each week is filled with doctor's appointment and concerns, you seem to count days instead of months or trimesters.

Last night, we joined Christo and Melissa for some great Indian food. Karuna seemed to like her Christmas gifts which included a bath-time Elmo. I received a hillarious book on being a Minnesotan (I'll share on my blog at a future date), and JB received the biggest book I had ever seen -- it details life in EVERY country of the world! We had a wonderful evening even though I had to duck out early to get to bed. We met a new friend of the Philips who is spending a month at Mayo. He is from Mexico.

I have been sleeping very poorly, another frustrating medication side-effect that I have dealt with before on this particular medication. I try to get to bed earlier as it isn't so much that I don't sleep but just that I wake up way too frequently. I have been frustrated, in general, with the side effects from medications and all the "details" of another IVF transfer. I think it may be compounded by trying to tie up all kinds of loose ends so we can leave for Florida on Friday. I would appreciate your prayers this week as it promises to be a bit hectic.

No comments: