Monday, August 07, 2006

Eglin has a ...

Well, I spoke with JB last night. There are some good things to note:
1. He was given first-class on the last leg of his flight yesterday. A family wanted to sit together and they picked JB to move to a better seat. Nice!
2. He ended up getting a really nice place to stay. Officer's quarters depends on what's available according to your rank. If higher ranking officers wanted to stay at the hotel, he could have gotten bumped to a different place.
3. His quarters have a kitchenette!
4. His quarters are right next to the hospital so he can just walk over there. This is very important when you consider this is the biggest Air Force base in the world and it takes more than an hour (or so I have heard) to drive from one side to the other.
5. He went driving last night and RIGHT next to the base is ... A SONIC! Oh my gosh -- cherry limeades here I come.
6. He found a PUBLIX (Publix just feels like Florida) last night, and bought some basics for breakfast.
7. He said that the base is right on the beach and little bays. Oh my!

As for me, I am just plain beat. I ended up working almost six hours for my boss at Mayo yesterday and about two and a half hours for RLSF. My boss is getting ready to leave for India for three weeks about the same time that I go to Florida so we are both scrambling to get everything done. I picked up Kelsey at 8:00 last night and we stopped to get blizzards at DQ. I have found a new favorite blizzard folks. I know it is hard to believe but chocolate oreo has been replaced, thanks to Kelsey's suggestion, with chocolate french silk. Unbelievable! Kelsey has her huge fourteen mile run today so I plan to do at least a fourth of that with her to make up for the calories I took in. I did get a small, but it is still loaded!

Hopefully JB will have some pictures I can include later but pictures may have to wait until I arrive on Thursday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O fine!! That is just what I need is a sonic when we come to visit you!!!! Dad and I were looking for one our whole trip and never saw one.

Gabbs said...

Cherry limeades, here I come, too. I do believe that Sonic may actually sell out of these once you and I are together, Wendi.

Anonymous said...

I was at DQ yesterday too and thought of you b/c my friend Alanna got that chocolate french silk!!! I, being a vanilla person, like the vanilla-based ones w/ things mixed in, but hey, to each her own.... :)

suebaby said...

Ooh... Sonic AND Publix! You can't beat that. I love Publix... and you know how I feel about Sonic.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what the French Silk has in it? I understand the chocolate ice cream, but what makes the silky part. I recently discovered that DQ has chocolate now! How long has this been going on? We always went to the McDonalds in IA for IC - much cheaper for a family of 5. However, the McD here in IN are extremely skimpy wi/their IC, so we have converted to DQ. I looove the choc cone dipped in choc. small of course :). For all us calorie counters; a choc dilly bar is low cal & very yummy.

Anonymous said...

The above comments were provided by Aunt Linda ;)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well I'm not sure what french silk has in it actually. I think it is supposed to mimic a french silk pie.

YES! DQ has chocolate ice cream, however, some cities do NOT have chocolate ice cream and I instead must ask for them to make the vanilla chocolate with choclate syrup. I don't even bother with a DQ if it is vanilla. It's so, vanilla.

Ebby Ray said...

I am going to give away DQ's secret. All of their ice cream is low cal. They do not publicize this, but their ice cream isn't as bad for you as people think. Now when you start adding all the other stuff that is where you get in trouble.