Friday, August 04, 2006

Waiting ... waiting

I am doing some RLSF work from home and waiting for Ruthie, my nurse, to call with the results of my a.m. blood test.

Speaking of that a.m. blood test, I purposely got to the blood-draw place at 7 a.m. I am blood-draw professional, and I know that if I get my blood drawn at Baldwin, which is right across the street from my house, 7 a.m. is the best time to go in.

The best time, that is, if your paperwork is in the computer. For like the FIFTH time since this infertility journey began, somehow, my information for my blood draw wasn't in the computer. I was quite frustrated. Normally this requires me to go back home, wait until 8:00, call the nurses, get my labs called in, and then return to the area to wait in line with the 8:30 crowd.

However, this morning, I got some AWESOME tech who felt really bad for me. She made a few phone calls, tracked down a nurse, and about twenty minutes later, I was done giving blood. She also told me that if she couldn't get a hold of anyone, and I had to come back later, I could go right in. Hurrah!

So now, I am home, doing some work, and waiting for Ruthie to call. This is the start of my frozen embryo transfer. If my progesterone is high enough, I will be able to skip taking progesterone pills. This will make my day. No, this will make my week! These are major migraine culprits and major mood-altering culprits (JB isn't as concerned as usual because he leaves for Florida on Sunday). So I pray that my progesterone is on the high side. If it is, I start my lupron shots tonight. If it is low, I have to do progesterone for 12 days before starting the lupron.

Beside doing work this morning, I also ordered my bridesmaid dress for Keith and AD's wedding in December. All done! Hurrah. The dress is beautiful. AD, am I allowed to show people what it looks like? I'm not sure, so I won't link it yet.

Okay, still waiting for this call. I'm gonna run out and get my marriage certificate certified and my driver's license squared away while I wait. So much waiting!

I'll update as soon as I get the results.

P.S. Wasn't Kelsey's post awesome?! If you haven't read it yet, make sure you scroll down. She is also a writer. Also, Josh, JB said her blog may have been funnier than your's. What do you think of that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Kelsey's blog was very good. In fact, while I was reading it, I thought, wow this girl is gifted, she should be a writer!
Aunt L

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Actually Kelsey is a writer and is hoping to write a book. She also plans to go to law school! She's very gifted with words. When I talk to her, I immediately realize my vocabularly needs some work!