Friday, August 18, 2006

McGuire's Irish Pub sends me into boy's room

Last night we had dinner at a much-recommended restaurant in Destin -- McGuire's Irish Pub. They pride themselves on making fun of you and having you making fun of yourself and do so I did.

I ended up in the men's room!

Now before you call me a complete moron, let me tell you that this is exactly what McGuire's Irish Pub hoped would happen to me and every new visitor. How did they manipulate this? Well, by putting a sign on the bathroom door which reads WOMEN in capital letters. Only after I walked in and saw the urinals did I go back out, recheck the door, and see the tiny print above the word WOMEN which read "Absolutely no WOMEN allowed in here. This bathroom is for men only."

WHATEVER!

I asked our waiter, Danny, how often people go into the wrong restroom. He said nearly 50% of customers choose the wrong one. Yikes! I didn't feel as stupid. Thank goodness the bathroom was empty when I walked in.

I am sure you are wondering whether JB ended up in the girl's restroom. Well, being the nice wife I am, I decided that I couldn't allow him to feel as stupid as me, and I warned him ahead of time much to Danny's disappointment.

I hesitated even putting this on my blog because if we move here and you come to visit, I would want to take you to McGuire's, and bummer if I didn't just save you some major embarrassment!

I'll probably blog later tonight with pictures of Ray, Gabbi, Grace, and Nathan who are currently on their way here. They should be here in just a few hours. I'm really excited to see them.

1 comment:

Jeff Geske said...

Hehehehe
I have to comment on something with urinals =)
Very funny