Saturday, December 10, 2016

We Bought a Farm: Eat-my-own-meat-atarian.

I just ate some bacon from the pig we have raised for nearly a year.

And it is official.

I am now a eat-my-own-meat-atarian. 

I honestly feel duped for the food I ate as if it were meat my entire life. I honestly believed I didn't like turkey. Until I ate our's this fall.

This bacon, honestly, should not even be given the same word that store-bought bacon is given. It barely tastes like the same food.

Seriously.

I am not sure I can eat eggs or bacon or turkey or chicken or pork or lamb from anywhere that doesn't do it like we are doing it again.

To those of you who are buying our meat: thank you for seeing what we are doing and understanding and valuing it.

To those of you who don't live anywhere near us:
find a local farm and visit that farm and see how they are raising their meat, and if you can, buy that meat. It is more expensive. I understand you'll have to make sacrifices to do it. Eat rice and beans the rest of the week. It is that worth it.

And to those of you who live within driving distance of us: you want to buy this meat! I'm not saying this because we need more customers. We really have nearly too many already. But you seriously want this meat.

That's all I want to say for now. I can't believe I am turning into this farming-wife-atarian. :)

No comments: