Monday, December 12, 2016

Military Monday: Who Are You Celebrating with this Christmas?

By Carla Clemens

Christmas.  The very word makes my heart beat faster.  I am blessed to have an awesome little family of boys to celebrate with every year.
Being in the military has taken our family far from our hometown.  Getting back for the holidays has not happened since my oldest son was a newborn, and he is almost nine now.  Santa didn’t visit that first Christmas, so we took our little man to see the rest of the family instead.
Since then, we have grown used to Christmases without our extended family, but that doesn’t mean we don’t miss them.  We have simply found other people to love on and invite into our home.  It’s been so fun.  My husband has invited the whole crew he works with to join us more than once.  Of course, not everyone comes, but we always have enough guests that I can cook to my heart’s content and enjoy the hustle and bustle of a house full of people enjoying the season, the day, and each other.
To read the rest of this post, please jump over to THE GLORIOUS TABLE here

No comments: